Fldigi logging fail

Regarding connecting to external program's.
G4DWV
Old Man

Fldigi logging fail

Post by G4DWV »

I was just trying to save my first PSK31 QSO in Fldigi into Log4OM. FLDigi integration seems to be working okay AFAICT - the frequency in Log4OM and Fldigi match the rig. When I tried to save the QSO from FLDigi into Log4OM, I got a database error. I no longer get a database error, I even created a new database thinking there may be a problem with the default one and now have column headings in QSO information.

The data is getting saved to the Fldigi log.

I have SQLite selected and have gone through the setting up stage in the manual. What am I doing wrong or what have I missed?

TIA
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Fldigi logging fail

Post by G4POP »

Guy,

1. are you using the XML/RPC method of connection
2. Is the Log4om communicator running
3. Have you set up the FLDigi inbound communications window correctly in the Log4om communicator
4. Are the FLDigi indicators in the communicator green or red
5. Have you tried restarting both programs - FLDigi first
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

G4POP wrote:Guy,

1. are you using the XML/RPC method of connection
2. Is the Log4om communicator running
3. Have you set up the FLDigi inbound communications window correctly in the Log4om communicator
4. Are the FLDigi indicators in the communicator green or red
5. Have you tried restarting both programs - FLDigi first
Yes to all the above. Indicators all green. I have attached screen shots of the screens that you mentioned in case I have missed something and cannot see the wood for the trees. My rig is not running at the moment that is why the CAT status is as it is. Shows correctly when it is on and connected.

TIA

Guy
Attachments
2014-09-16_22h05_33.png
2014-09-16_22h05_33.png (20.32 KiB) Viewed 9321 times
2014-09-16_22h05_41.png
2014-09-16_22h05_41.png (24.2 KiB) Viewed 9321 times
2014-09-16_22h05_50.png
2014-09-16_22h05_50.png (64.97 KiB) Viewed 9321 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

My guess would be that you created a new logbook in FLDigi, check the folder containing the FLDigi logs to see if you have more than one adi file, possibly one called new logbook.

If you have then in FLDigi change to logbook.adi, restart the programs and see if it works
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Terry,

I realise what has been going on. I have been doing some testing and it appears that the log info has been saved, but under Recent QSOs (F8). I was expecting to see the info in QSO info (F1) and QSO Information (F7). I was also expecting the callsign to appear in the box in the top left once the QSO qas saved. Is this correct behaviour? It really foxed me that there was nothing to see in the default screen setup to show the saving success.

I have noticed that the operator's name does not get saved from Fldigi - how can I do this? Also, how do I increase the number of columns in the recent QSO tab?

May I repay your kind help by writing a new users' quick start guide once I have sorted out my teething issues?

Cheers

Guy
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Guy,
The F1 tab is there solely for display of worked before QSO's while entering a new QSO in the QSO Log4om entry fields above.

When you finish a QSO in FLDigi it requires no further lookup or display because the QSO is over and the QSO is saved directly to the database, leaving the fields that you refer to available for a new QSO input via Log4om

We had issue with a fault in the FLDigi code whereby the name was saved by FLDigi to either the notes or comments field but I thought the author of FLDigi fixed that some time ago!

You add columns to the recent QSO window and others by using the layout button at the bottom of the window.
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Terry,

I can confirm that the name is being added to the name field in FLdigi and it does not see to be transfering to Log4OM. I can send copies of both logs if it will help.

Thanks for your help. I will start off another thread for another (OT) database enquiry I have.

With kindest regards

Guy
M1BCM
Novice Class

Post by M1BCM »

G4POP wrote:My guess would be that you created a new logbook in FLDigi, check the folder containing the FLDigi logs to see if you have more than one adi file, possibly one called new logbook.

If you have then in FLDigi change to logbook.adi, restart the programs and see if it works
Terry, i'm having the same problem and i can't see anywhere in Fldigi settings to change logbook.adi.

Also which directory is the default for the logfile :?:

73 Jeff M1BCM
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Jeff,

This is how I fixed the problem, IIRC. You have to enable the 'name' column in Log4OM. Press 'F8' to get to recent QSO tab. On the bottom left there is a button labelled 'Layout'. Click on it and you should be able to navigate what pops up. Just add the 'name' column and all should be well.

Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
M1BCM
Novice Class

Post by M1BCM »

G4DWV - Guy wrote:Hi Jeff,

This is how I fixed the problem, IIRC. You have to enable the 'name' column in Log4OM. Press 'F8' to get to recent QSO tab. On the bottom left there is a button labelled 'Layout'. Click on it and you should be able to navigate what pops up. Just add the 'name' column and all should be well.

Guy G4DWV/4X1LT

Cheers Guy, problem is that the name column was already enabled .. problem is still there :(

Jeff M1BCM