Wordpress

Regarding connecting to external program's.
EI2KK
Novice Class

Wordpress

Post by EI2KK »

Hi all..

An external MySQL database support is a great feature in Log4OM..

I've started to integrate Log4OM MySQL database to my Wordpress based website.

What is done for now:

- 6m band locator map
- ODX for 6m band
- Last 5 QSOs

KML file and all info above are generated in real time when the website is displayed.
Any QSO logged with Log4OM goes to the wbsite automatically.

TO DO:
Full log to be displayed from Log4OM db
My 'suffix collection' to be displayed from Log4OM db

Of course a locator map for other bands will be generated once I start to be QRV
- 2m planned on December, 4m and 70cm after that.
- 23 cm ~May 2016 :)

If anyone is interested in Log4OM to Wordpress integration please let me know - I will send you all scripts and instruction
- this is a ß-version for now so it will not be published yet.

Any ideas very much welcome. :)
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Wordpress

Post by NN7D »

Very interesting! Good luck with the project and let us know when you have it up and running!

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
EI2KK
Novice Class

Post by EI2KK »

The 3 features I listed are already working on my website.. :ugeek:
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Wow very nice :)
how about a wordpress package? :)
I'm too busy to play with, but one day i will try that!

Keep us informed!
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

EI2KK wrote:Hi all..

If anyone is interested in Log4OM to Wordpress integration please let me know - I will send you all scripts and instruction
- this is a ß-version for now so it will not be published yet.

Any ideas very much welcome. :)
I would be very interested in having something like this, but for Joomla. I know nothing about Wordpress and I am no Joomla expert but have managed to scrape together a web site www.hamradioaustralia.net which is using information from hrdlog.net but if I could do this direct from log4om it would be great.

John
EI2KK
Novice Class

Post by EI2KK »

John,

All I did for now are php scripts - if you can integrate any php script with Joomla my scripts will work.

I was working today onLogbook- it is almost done - now I display 25 rows per page, need to add 'next/prev page' buttons/links.
Gray band buttons means there is no QSO for that band in log and it is genereted directly from MySQL... no need to change scripts if one starts to work on a new band.

For locator maps you need to display any map in Joomla - the KML file is generated and passed to map as a parameter.
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

EI2KK wrote:John,

All I did for now are php scripts - if you can integrate any php script with Joomla my scripts will work.

I was working today onLogbook- it is almost done - now I display 25 rows per page, need to add 'next/prev page' buttons/links.
Gray band buttons means there is no QSO for that band in log and it is genereted directly from MySQL... no need to change scripts if one starts to work on a new band.

For locator maps you need to display any map in Joomla - the KML file is generated and passed to map as a parameter.
Sounds good to me Jacek. I have not personally intergrated any PHP scripts in to Joomla but have been told that it can be done so, I am most interested in your scripts when you have them finished.

regards
John