Help with getting Log40m with fldigi

Regarding connecting to external program's.
w5uy
Novice Class

Help with getting Log40m with fldigi

Post by w5uy »

:x I have been trying to get things working together for several months---I had installed the programs on a Compaq 6000 Pro MT mini-tower and both programs installed with no issues. I have installed the latest updates to both programs. I am using Win 10. It appears I can get fldigi to receive with a good waterfall. I have installed both programs with the selections that I have used with my previous laptop. I am really at a lost---I would appreciate it if someone could get me operational again. I have TeamViewer installed and since I am retired, I can work around any ones schedule. My level of frustration is increasing by the day---I have tried to follow Terry's (G4POP) wonderful videos, but no joy. I appreciate your consideration.

Bill, W5UY
Las Cruces, NM
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Help with getting Log40m with fldigi

Post by NN7D »

Hi Bill,

What exactly is not working between the two programs? Is the CAT freq not updating on FLDigi? Its likely Windows 10 security settings.

Some suggestions:
1. First start FLDigi and run as administrator.
2. Start Log4OM and run as administrator.

Now if they work, great. If not, then if you receive a Windows 10 pop up notice when starting either program asking if its ok to start those programs, select the lower link to set security levels and reduce the security level to the lowest level, then see if things work. If they do, then up the level to the point they don't work together, then reduce by one.

If that does not work, let me know and we can schedule a Teamviewer session.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
w5uy
Novice Class

Post by w5uy »

Doug
Thanks so much for the replay. I restarted both programs as an administrator. No problems there---BUT, I keep trying to install the latest update to Fldigi (3.23.05ra) but I cannot install the file with the ra extension. I have tried to re-install and also repeating a new download but the ra extension never gets through the process.
I really don't know if the ra extension is really necessary, but ...
Here is how the programs are currently setup:
audio: both audio cable from my interface are connected through a Sound Blaster XFi-Go USB Dongle. My interface is xggcomms, #7 interface.
in fldigi
Shows 846 contacts
The waterfall seems to work fine. I get no transmit when clicking on the T/R pad
There is no reading of frequency from the radio
The XML-RPC is energized

The LOG40m Communicator---2 of the three LED's are red, one is Green
The rig status is blank

in LOG40m
Shows 872 contacts in the log part (F8)
On the bottom row, the cat status, one yellow and one green---all the rest are red
The Omni rig is running
WCF Services stopped

I will be out of the house until late morning, but will be free from then on.

Again, I appreciate your willingness to help

Thanks,
Bill, W5UY
w5uy
Novice Class

Post by w5uy »

Doug
I got some communication on the fldigi site regarding the new file 3.23.05 with the ra extension. You can read then and see if you can understand the craziness with a program with a ra suffix that apparently does not show up on the installed program.

Needless to say I am back home.

Bill
w5uy
Novice Class

Post by w5uy »

Doug

Here is as far as I can go---
The fldigi seems to receive and show a nice waterfall

In the LOG40m Communicator:
The TCP Connection to LOG40m ----- LED is RED
The other two LEDS on the communicator are GREEN

On the main screen of LOG40m show the following:

CAT Status shows a RED LED
Comm Status shows one RED LED and one GREEN LED

Thanks

Bill, W5UY
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Bill,

Send me an email with your phone number to svtdoug (aaat) gmail (doot) com and we will set up a teamviewer session.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA