How logging in Log4OM with MS Software?

Regarding connecting to external program's.
IK1PFW
Novice Class

How logging in Log4OM with MS Software?

Post by IK1PFW »

I cannot log to Log4OM with Meteor Scatter Software opened. I tried WSJT and MSHV but they run only RX because the only Port connected to my IC-7300 is occupied by Log4OM and so they cannot use it for PTT...so not TXing.
This way, if I want to use MS software I need not to have Log4OM opened for logging...very annoying indeed.

G4POP suggested me to use VSP manager (kindly obtained from K5FR) or Eterlogic, but I've tried someway and searched on the Web without figuring out how to do :(

Please could someone address me to any document teaching how to do or explaining me his configuration and how to use VSP stuff?
I thank for listening to my cry of help!
Best 73
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: How logging in Log4OM with MS Software?

Post by G4POP »

You need to run WSJT with JTalert for proper integration

As for the MS program I cant help because I have never used the program
73 Terry G4POP
IK1PFW
Novice Class

Re: How logging in Log4OM with MS Software?

Post by IK1PFW »

Solved! :D

MS Software (MSHV and WJST) can run flawlessly with Log4OM using VSPE from Eterlogic, using a splitter configuration. GOOD!
Dowside is that 64 bit Emulator needs to pay a License to Microsoft ($30 !!! Damned Microsoft! :evil: ). 32 bit Emu is still free.
Tested and works very plain.

For JT65 I'm using JTDX. 16.0 eval by UA3DJY (Great SW, because the multi decode is really efficient, many decodes more than JT65-HF in all the versions I ran).
Downside is that works flawlessly only if I do not implement the UDP Server that they say accelerate the data exchange...and that's true. But if I run UDP Service, Log4OM most of the time (not always, but 90%) gives error and doesn't log at all).

BTW I'm pretty satisfied.
If someone needs help I'm here.

Waiting for some more help about UDP implementation in JTDX for Log4OM