PSK software

Regarding connecting to external program's.
EI2GLB
Old Man

PSK software

Post by EI2GLB »

Currently I am having to open HRD its logbook and DM780, then open Log4OM so i can use psk and get it to log into Log4OM,

Is there any plan to bring in some form of digi modes into the SW or a simpler intregration into another SW for digi modes.

Its a PITA having to open and close so many screens all the time. it would be ok it Log4OM could retain cat status while HRD is open.

Trevor
EI2GLB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: PSK software

Post by G4POP »

Trevor,
We already integrated FlDigi and your log gets automatically updated in LOG4OM as you work a station in FlDigi, see our user guide.

We plan to integrate MixW very soon.

Terry
73 Terry G4POP
MM0XXW
Novice Class

Post by MM0XXW »

Sorry to hijack the thread, I just wanted to know if both programs (FLdigi & Log4OM) had to be running simultaneously in order for my digital contacts to be logged @ 4OM?
I think I know the answer but one does like to be doubly sure :arrow: ;)
Regards,
Martyn-MM0XXW
(MM1X in contests)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

MM0XXW wrote:Sorry to hijack the thread, I just wanted to know if both programs (FLdigi & Log4OM) had to be running simultaneously in order for my digital contacts to be logged @ 4OM?
Hi Martyn,
Yes both programs need to be running for the FLDigi log to be read properly by Log4OM.
73 Terry G4POP
MM0XXW
Novice Class

Post by MM0XXW »

G4POP wrote:
MM0XXW wrote:Sorry to hijack the thread, I just wanted to know if both programs (FLdigi & Log4OM) had to be running simultaneously in order for my digital contacts to be logged @ 4OM?
Hi Martyn,
Yes both programs need to be running for the FLDigi log to be read properly by Log4OM.
Kind of thought that to be the case Terry, just like to check these things though :)
Regards,
Martyn-MM0XXW
(MM1X in contests)
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Well, log4om is also able to collect new QSO if started AFTER fldigi, by checking differences in the ADIF file generated by FlDIGI.

I'm currently integrating both systems a little bit more, to allow both systems to works together in a better way

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote:Well, log4om is also able to collect new QSO if started AFTER fldigi, by checking differences in the ADIF file generated by FlDIGI
I tried that but it did not work as I expected!

I entered 4 QSO's in FLDigi without Log4OM running

Then I closed FLDigi and opened Log4OM and waited for some minutes to provide time for refresh.

Only one of the 4 QSO's was imported - The last one!
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Strange, i need to check that. Log4om take care of the changes from the latest row previously elaborated, so everything that comes after the last check will be imported at the next pass.
This is done because you can make more than one QSO in the time frame between two passes.

Checking that

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH