LOG4OM & JTALERT

Regarding connecting to external program's.
WA2SQQ
Old Man

LOG4OM & JTALERT

Post by WA2SQQ »

I had to transfer my station to a new PC, i7 running Win 10 Pro. All but JTALERT is working with LOG4OM. I've done this integration before, but this time it's not cooperating. Following the instructions on Pg 172 in the LOG4OM manual. Step 3 says to check the boxes indicated - Start and Save Config have two arrows pointing to them. It's already running? Step 6 says "Stop the communicator" - How??

Until I stop it, I believe I can't select the Inbound config settings.
I guess I'm getting old! What am I missing?
Thanks
Bob, WA2SQQ
VA3AG
Old Man

Re: LOG4OM & JTALERT

Post by VA3AG »

WA2SQQ wrote: 14 May 2018, 02:09 I had to transfer my station to a new PC, i7 running Win 10 Pro. All but JTALERT is working with LOG4OM. I've done this integration before, but this time it's not cooperating. Following the instructions on Pg 172 in the LOG4OM manual. Step 3 says to check the boxes indicated - Start and Save Config have two arrows pointing to them. It's already running? Step 6 says "Stop the communicator" - How??

Until I stop it, I believe I can't select the Inbound config settings.
I guess I'm getting old! What am I missing?
Thanks
Bob, WA2SQQ
I am at work and I cannot run my Log4OM but all you have to do is open Communicator from the icon on your task bar and you will see a button with the word STOP on it. Now do what you want to do!
73 GL
Aldo VA3AG
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

You would think so, but the "Stop" is gray'd out. Clicking it does nothing.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Then if the red key is greyed out I guess the Green key is active in which case the communicator is already stopped!

When you have set it up make sure that you set the communicator to auto start
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Auto start is checked.
What is strange is that the GREEN "Start" is available to click on. That alone would suggest that the feature is not running.
If I click on it (start), I get a pop up window telling me its already running. Something is deactivating the "STOP" option.

I am also seeing a small red icon saying WCF Services Stopped. Not sure what WCF is.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Seems you have two or more instances running at the same time close them all inyour task manager and start again
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Not that I was aware of, but I will check. Thank you!
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

I verified that I only have one instance of LOG4OM running. Auto Start is checked. Yet, when I open the services tab the GREEN start tab is available, the STOP tab is gray'd out. If I click on the START tab I get a window "LOG4OM COMMUNICATOR" pops up, "application is already runnning - continue?"

So despite any attempt, you can't STOP the communicator.
BTW, this is running under the latest Win 10 PRO, build 1803

Suggestions?
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Terry, via Task Manager I closed the one, and only, communicator, so none were running. Went into Services and nothing changed. Start is green, as it always was and STOP is gray'd out. It gets stranger, If I click on START, a popup window appears and tells me its already running. Is there some hidden version running, under another name?

I'm beginning to think that Win 10 1803 has introduced a bug ...
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Forgot to mention something that might be relevant. On the bottom of the LOG4OM screen you have the tabs that indicate the status of services. "COMM SERVICES" shows two colored balls, one green and one yellow. I know RED shows that the feature in not active. Not sure about yellow.