WSJT-X/Fldigi integration for automated logging?

Regarding connecting to external program's.
johnnyftw

WSJT-X/Fldigi integration for automated logging?

Post by johnnyftw »

Running a Yaesu FT-450D with SignalLink USB connected to a Windows 10 PC, also have a CAT serial cable between radio and same PC for rigcontrol. I run the latest versions of WSJT-X for FT8 and Fldigi for occasional PSK31.

I manually log to QRZ and eQSL, and export/sync from QRZ to LOTW. Wanting to streamline this and I'm told Log4OM would help, and that it can even integrate with WSJT-X and FLdigi. Right now I'm only concerned with WSJT-X integration and operating FT8, so that's what this thread will be about. I can mess with other modes in WSJT-X or Fldigi later on.

It is my understanding that with all this set up properly, at the end of each QSO when WSJT-X pops up its little window to log the QSO it would also send it to my Log4OM, which then automatically sends to QRZ/LOTW/eQSL...is that correct? I've read that rigcontrol is also somehow required for this to work, is that also correct and if so will my existing rig control cable setup be a problem or be affected by that?

Given my gear/software/setup, how would I go about getting Log4OM and WSJT-X configured correctly to do the above tasks? I found some old threads and posts elsewhere with some information but I don't know if those still apply today and I want to be sure I'm doing this right.
johnnyftw

Re: WSJT-X/Fldigi integration for automated logging?

Post by johnnyftw »

Ending up following this guide - http://dg7lan.blogspot.com/2018/01/howt ... og4om.html

I think it's set up and working, but I created duplicate logs on my LOTW account somehow during that setup/testing.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

johnnyftw wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 22:52 Ending up following this guide - [url]http://dg7lan.blogspot.com/2018/01/howt ... og4om.html[/url

I think it's set up and working, but I created duplicate logs on my LOTW account somehow during that setup/test

Reading the instructions that you provided the link to I find they are incorrect and that person is actually importing the QSO twice - Once via UDP connection and again by the ADIF monitor facility, this will most certainly cause issues.

Cant understand why you do not refer to our user guide or watch our YouTube tutorials for guidence in setting our software up?
73 Terry G4POP
johnnyftw

Post by johnnyftw »

G4POP wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 08:29 Reading the instructions that you provided the link to I find they are incorrect and that person is actually importing the QSO twice - Once via UDP connection and again by the ADIF monitor facility, this will most certainly cause issues.

Cant understand why you do not refer to our user guide or watch our YouTube tutorials for guidence in setting our software up?
I wasn't sure if those guides/videos were outdated. The user's manual talks about setting up JT Alert and rigcontrol, and I don't see how either of those are needed if I just want to log FT8 QSOs to Log4OM>QRZ/LOTW/eQSL.

So far my configuration appears to be working. The issue was that I was manually uploading from Log4OM to LOTW, and then did an upload from QRZ to LOTW which added duplicate QSOs in LOTW. There are no duplicates in WSJT-X, Log4OM, QRZ, or eQSL.

When reading the activity logs in the communicator I see that it is only finding and importing the ADIF. If the UDP connection isn't being used and isn't necessary, I can just disable that.
johnnyftw

Post by johnnyftw »

Confirmed still working after clearing out the UDP settings in WSJT-X. Thanks!

Now if only LOTW starts allowing software to auto-upload QSOs, that would make WSJT-X logging completely automatic which would be nice.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

johnnyftw wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 14:01 Confirmed still working after clearing out the UDP settings in WSJT-X. Thanks!

Now if only LOTW starts allowing software to auto-upload QSOs, that would make WSJT-X logging completely automatic which would be nice.
That's a good reason for not using the adif monitor and using a UDP system as in JTalert because then you can use Log4om to auto upload to LOTW etc
73 Terry G4POP