Rotator Support

Regarding connecting to external program's.
na1dx
New user

Rotator Support

Post by na1dx »

Any plans to integrate with basic DCU-1 Rotator Software that is cost $ ?
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Rotator Support

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi,
following all rotator protocols will be an hard task at this stage of development.
This is one of the reasons we prefere interfacing third party softwares for doing that work.
They're well mantained and evolved through the years, following new rotators appearing on the market, that is something i cannot do without stopping everything else.

We actually supports PSTRotator as rotor software, but if there are other (free or paid), known "generic" rotator software we can include them in the support

Daniele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
iw7dmh
Advanced Class

Post by iw7dmh »

Hello Daniel,

I take back this thread to ask you if Log4OM can expose a software interface to read Long and Short Path Informations.
In this way, one could implement a small client that reads the beam information from Log4Om and set of the rotor as a result.

Thank you very much
73' Enzo
iw7dmh
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Why can't you use PSTRotator which is already integrated with Log4om?
73 Terry G4POP
iw7dmh
Advanced Class

Post by iw7dmh »

I was thinking to free and (maybe) open source software.
I am using a Prosistel "D" Rotator and N1MM Rotator control so, at the moment, I have to manually set my beam each time.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes, i can provide that on a webservice (WCF) or a TCP stack.
Preferences?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

iw7dmh wrote:I was thinking to free and (maybe) open source software.
I am using a Prosistel "D" Rotator and N1MM Rotator control so, at the moment, I have to manually set my beam each time.
Prositel D is supported by PSTrotator so why not use that instead of making us re-write code?
73 Terry G4POP
iw7dmh
Advanced Class

Post by iw7dmh »

IW3HMH wrote:Yes, i can provide that on a webservice (WCF) or a TCP stack.
Preferences?
I would prefer WCF I (suppose) can write a standard WS client also using other languages.
Using TCP (I suppose) you need to define a protocol (even if it is very simple); instead, using WCF I (suppose) only need and endpoint and two or more field names.

73' enzo
iw7dmh
iw7dmh
Advanced Class

Post by iw7dmh »

G4POP wrote:
iw7dmh wrote:I was thinking to free and (maybe) open source software.
Prositel D is supported by PSTrotator so why not use that instead of making us re-write code?
Yes, I know, but I am not asking you to write a great piece of code. It is the opposite: let other software be the client of Log4Om application. You should only give access to some informations "owned by Log4Om".
I imagine in a near future a specific client for each type of rotator.
No need to define particular software interfaces nor contracting with other software developers.

73' Enzo
iw7dmh
Last edited by iw7dmh on 08 Sep 2014, 21:31, edited 2 times in total.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I agree with you enzo and I like the idea of a group of child highly specialized apps.
Anyway we already have a web service with wcf in Log4OM that already expose some methods to read log and update records using qso class defined in the wcf itself. You can start it from the last menu in settings... another unknown feature :-)
No one except hrdlabel use that in my knowledge, so I don't have developed this part so much.

I can provide informations about current qso in input, directions for beam and info about current status of the rig.
Let me have some time to work on.
There is a technical section in this forum where I provided some informations about those integrations. Start here.

Daniele IW3HMH