Integrating WSJT-X with Log4OM

Regarding connecting to external program's.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Integrating WSJT-X with Log4OM

Post by NN7D »

M0RSF wrote:When I use WSJT-X and choose Omnirig I get an Omnirig time out?

73 Chris M0RSF
Hi Chris,

That happened to me a couple of time, when Log4OM was running and connected to CAT when I started WSJT-X. I just clicked on the Test CAT button a couple of times in the Settings/Radio tab and it seemed to clear it up. Works fine if you start WSJT-X first. I will report that to the WSJT-X forum. It may be something to do with how they implement OmniRig.

Best,

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
Piter666

Post by Piter666 »

Thanks Terry for confirming that.

I downloaded VSP Manager by F5FR, but I am a bit lost. I created a virtual pair (com3&4), but I don't see how they relate to the physical port (Com6) which OmniRig is currently using to communicate with the rig.

You need a splitter, not a pair, and as I don't use Eltima VSP I can't see if you can use this software to create one
OmniRig only displays com ports up to 7. I did notice in your manual you used 19&20, and OmniRig displayed Com 20, so not sure what is going on. Using Windows 7 in Device Manager, ELTIMA Virtual Serial Ports (COM3->COM4) and (COM4->COM3) are showing up as expected.
[/quote]

Hello,
I would like to correct you a little, all the same there is a mechanism for creating a pair of COM ports in Eltima VSPD ( https://serial-splitter.com ). Therefore, the splitter really helps to solve this problem.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Piter666 wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 13:00
Thanks Terry for confirming that.

I downloaded VSP Manager by F5FR, but I am a bit lost. I created a virtual pair (com3&4), but I don't see how they relate to the physical port (Com6) which OmniRig is currently using to communicate with the rig.

You need a splitter, not a pair, and as I don't use Eltima VSP I can't see if you can use this software to create one
OmniRig only displays com ports up to 7. I did notice in your manual you used 19&20, and OmniRig displayed Com 20, so not sure what is going on. Using Windows 7 in Device Manager, ELTIMA Virtual Serial Ports (COM3->COM4) and (COM4->COM3) are showing up as expected.
Hello,
I would like to correct you a little, all the same there is a mechanism for creating a pair of COM ports in Eltima VSPD ( https://serial-splitter.com ). Therefore, the splitter really helps to solve this problem.
[/quote]

The thread you responded to dates back to 2014 and there have been many changes since then!

Suggest you download the latest release 1.39 and the user guide
73 Terry G4POP
Piter666

Post by Piter666 »

G4POP wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 13:08
The thread you responded to dates back to 2014 and there have been many changes since then!

Suggest you download the latest release 1.39 and the user guide
Yes, I understand that. I apologize for waking up the old post.
I updated. I have no problems so far.
Just began to observe that this issue is still relevant in some forums.
Thx for the answer.