JT65-HF Comfort 3.8

Regarding connecting to external program's.
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

JT65-HF Comfort 3.8

Post by DJ6JZ »

is it planned to add log polling from JT65-HF Comfort 3.8? The big Plus of this software is the display of the 'worked' status directly in the station window.

Available from http://funkamateure-dresden-ov-s06.de/i ... &mode=edit

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: JT65-HF Comfort 3.8

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Willi,

JT65 is original code of K1JT´s WSJT. Meanwhile VK3AMA has JT-Alert that works with WSJT-X (JT65A and JT9) and he has an own software that works with JT65-HF .... Log4OM has been implemented that it can work together with the VK3AMA´s JT-Alert and JT-Macro .... All JT65-Comfort are "Forks" ... anybody implementing his own code and nobody can implement it to a logger if there are so much versions .... You have to talk to the Programmer of "your" JT65 Comfort" version that the software corresponding with L4O ....

B.t.w. i have used JT65 and JT9, but only with the "originals" ..... Together with VK3AMA´s JT-Alert and JT-Macro never have had a problem to log in realtime to L4O ....

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Willi,

You might consider giving WSJT-X a try. I found it decodes more signals than any of the JT65-HF directives, including Comfort. About 20% more! It interfaces well with Log4OM using JTAlert-X, in that a qso logged into WSJT-X flows automatically into Log4OM. Plus, it decodes both JT65 and JT9 simultaneously, and sends either depending on which mode you respond to. It also displays "worked" stations in a different color. And with JTAlert-X, it will notify you of new DXCC's, States, CQ Zones, Grids and more.

Good luck!

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Post by DJ6JZ »

Thanks for your replies, Juergen and Doug.
I am currently using WSJT-X and it does a good job in decoding and log polling to l4om.

But although the worked before status becomes visible in JTAlert, it is much less convenient than having this information directly in the log window where you choose the next contact.
If condx are good and there are several stations displayed in JTAlert, you quickly will find that some stations displayed as "wanted" are not calling cq. So you go on comparing entries in two windows and: 10 seconds are gone, no contact was established.
If you have tried a software with this feature of a built-in worked b4 status display for some time, it is hard to go back!
Anyway, currently correct logging is more important to me...

I did a comparison of 5 JT programs and made a pdf available:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2lve8wq6y1ou2

There are various SDR related files stored. If interested, download "5 JT65 programs compared.pdf". Comments are welcome.

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi willy, interesting PDF :)
Integrations can be made in many ways. I'm working on some new things for 1.18 release (hope to have those things ready for the date)

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH