Satellite frequencies in manual mode

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
oh8fks
Novice Class

Satellite frequencies in manual mode

Post by oh8fks » 17 May 2018, 06:37

When adding a QSO qso manually in satellite mode, the satellite can be chose from a list. It'd be nice if, when choosing the satellite, the Log4OM could add automatically the centre uplink and downlink frequencies (as well as uplink and downlink band). This information is available for any satellite and they could be added in the file including the satellite names. These values can be also added/modified manually, but it'd be faster to have them already in place when choosing a satellite. Please let me know if this can be done, I can provide an updated satellite list with all the TX and RX frequencies.

G4POP

Re: Satellite frequencies in manual mode

Post by G4POP » 17 May 2018, 07:48

These frequencies are obtained from you radio via CAT or do you just want a reminder to enable you to tune?
73 Terry G4POP

oh8fks
Novice Class

Re: Satellite frequencies in manual mode

Post by oh8fks » 18 May 2018, 14:03

G4POP wrote:
17 May 2018, 07:48
These frequencies are obtained from you radio via CAT or do you just want a reminder to enable you to tune?
The situation I'm picturing is when adding QSO without CAT, without any connection to the radio, completely manually. In that case it'd be nice, when choosing the satellite in the SAT/Prop menu, that Freq RX and RX band (in the same menu) as well as Mode, Band and Freq (in QSO info) are autofilled with the default vaules (voice satellites are either FM or SSB and the uplink and downlink centre frequencies are always the same). This default values could be added for example in the txt file containing the satellite names. Although some satellites (e.g. AO-7) do have multiple configuration, most of the voice satellites have just one uplink and downlink centre frequency and that would speed up filling the information not having all the time to choose the same values.