Custom colors and cluster solar info

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
KA3RCS
Novice Class

Custom colors and cluster solar info

Post by KA3RCS »

There are two features which I would like, and have not found:

1. Ability to customize all colors in the user interface, or at least a selection of several color schemes. I have always disliked a UI with dark text on a light background, and much prefer light text on a dark or black background. I never understood why the Xerox paradigm of emulating a piece of paper (which was later copied by Apple, and subsequently by Microsoft) caught on. A light background may make sense for a reflective object such as paper, but not for an illuminated display. Something like the color scheme in the paging decoder PDW comes to mind.

2. Include solar information in cluster display. The information is present in the cluster data, and is displayed by clients such as VE7CC's CC User. See bottom right of first screenshot on http://www.ve7cc.net/ for an example. It would also be helpful to be able to display some of the other available information, such as the raw telnet data and announcements.

Thanks,

---73 Karl KA3RCS
Last edited by KA3RCS on 20 Aug 2014, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Custom colors and cluster solar info

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Karl,
about point 1 this will need a big "change" on many parts of code, but it's possible.
I'm adding to the future improvements list

about point 2 will be available in the next "major" release (1.19.0)
I'm actually working on a optimization-bugfixing release that will be available soon on 1.18.1 version number
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KA3RCS
Novice Class

Re: Custom colors and cluster solar info

Post by KA3RCS »

Awesome, thank you!

---73 Karl KA3RCS