Semi / Auto rotator heading control ...

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
VK7XX
Old Man

Re: Semi / Auto rotator heading control ...

Post by VK7XX »

IW3HMH wrote:If someone can make some tests on Hamlib Rotator (free/open) and found it's working well i can add (in a future) a support for that.

Oh how I wish I was a programmer.. Sadly, I am not. I did however, download LP-Rotor (from http://www.telepostinc.com/downloads.html) and it controls my rotator quite well... now if I could just get it to work with Log4om :?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK7XX wrote:
IW3HMH wrote:If someone can make some tests on Hamlib Rotator (free/open) and found it's working well i can add (in a future) a support for that.

Oh how I wish I was a programmer.. Sadly, I am not. I did however, download LP-Rotor (from http://www.telepostinc.com/downloads.html) and it controls my rotator quite well... now if I could just get it to work with Log4om :?
LP-Rotor only supports a few rotators so will not be of use to all users
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

G4POP wrote:
VK7XX wrote:

LP-Rotor only supports a few rotators so will not be of use to all users
Agree... could take much time to be implemented for few users only...
Actually efforts are directed to maximize coverage using generic/wide range softwares, but maybe in a later day we can add some support to other rotor systems (if they share the same protocol would be a plus...)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote:but maybe in a later day we can add some support to other rotor systems (if they share the same protocol would be a plus...)
Don't go there! Simon opened a rats nest when he added rotator support to HRD, we received requests for support for every obscure rotator in the universe
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Ahahahah :)
the biggest issue is that rotor programmers doesn't think about interoperability... bad thing... similar to CAT protocols...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH