Archive Managenent. Qso selection.

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
SV2YC
Novice Class

Archive Managenent. Qso selection.

Post by SV2YC »

Hi to all.

Among the other goodies in Log4OM, i have found the right tool to make global changes in my log, especially in the errors in the database in the fields QSL Direct default values, that are entered in HRD and cannot be changed in the ALE window. I have move my log in Log4OM and i am fixing the database.

In Archive Management after selection i use the field update and i am fixing wrong data in the fields.

The idea is that the selection technique must me upgraded, either by tick boxes or by a "select/deselect all" button, or both, to make the procedure more fast and easy. It is not an important issue but it will help.

Thank you for your time and keep the good work.

73 Dimitri, SV2YC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Archive Managenent. Qso selection.

Post by G4POP »

Hi Dimitri,
What fields are you entering wrong data into exactly because there are very many fields and it would be difficult to provide tick boxes for all of them!

An exact example will help us
73 Terry G4POP
SV2YC
Novice Class

Post by SV2YC »

Hi Terry

Many thanks for your reply. I was not quite clear so i am giving you the exact story.

I am a long time ago user of HRD, and now i am moving to Log4om. There is a great amount of errors in my HRD data base, because when i enter a new QSO or modify for some reason an existing QSO, the program (HRD) enters the following.

QSL send NO, QSL rcved NO, but it enters in both fields "QSL send Date", and "QSL rcved Date" the system date. These are the wrong data and i have to fix them.

So i am locating specific batches of QSO's in HRD by Date, then i make all the changes in Log4om and then i am exporting an adif file and importing it to HRD. I want to make all changes in HRD before close it down and move permanently in Log4om.

Log4om is much more flexible for batch work in the data base, except the point i was noticed above, with the selection of the QSO's.

After the initial search by date, it will be easier to have an option to select these QSO's in one click action, perhaps a "Select/decelect all" button. Or selection with individual tick boxes for every QSO.

In any case i am doing my job, the Log4om is excellent and i am giving you some input just to make it better.

73 Dimitri, SV2YC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Dimitri,
OK now I understand and it would be possible to add a select all button or check box.

However the conventional Windows Shift + Click achieves exactly what you require and is detailed on page 34 of the Log4om user guide, would that not be enough?
73 Terry G4POP
SV2YC
Novice Class

Post by SV2YC »

Hi Terry

Thanks for your reply.

Certainly i have the Shift + Click/PgDown functionality, and that is the way i work.

But i am just giving to the team a point because the application is an expert one, and to my opinion of course, some procedures have to be a little more advanced. But situation now is Ok.

73 Dimitri, SV2YC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK Dimitri,

I will add this to our Mantis list but no promises about how soon it might be added! Loads of other priorities for Daniele to play with :D
73 Terry G4POP
SV2YC
Novice Class

Post by SV2YC »

Hi Terry

Thanks for the reply. There is no harry about this suggestion.

Keep the good work.

73 Dimitri, SV2YC
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

a "nothing selected = all selected" can be enough?

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote:a "nothing selected = all selected" can be enough?

Daniele
Yes just 'select all'
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Done
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH