Cluster Filters: Remove CFM'd Country, Keep Un-CFM'd Band

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
VE3VEE
Old Man

Cluster Filters: Remove CFM'd Country, Keep Un-CFM'd Band

Post by VE3VEE »

Usually people have worked some countries, but they don't have them confirmed so they are still interested in making QSO(s) with the DXCC entity.

Instead of (or in addition to) the current filters (Remove wrkd country, Keep unworked bands) I think users would find useful:

- Remove confirmed country
- Keep unconfirmed bands

73 Marvin VE3VEE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster Filters: Remove CFM'd Country, Keep Un-CFM'd Ban

Post by G4POP »

Good idea I will add it to our Mantis list
73 Terry G4POP
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Thanks Terry.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Martin.
The filters you mentioned doesn't work really as you stated.
In the cluster screen, F3 page, you can see in the bottom right part of the screen a series of 4 radio buttons:
Worked/QSL/EQSL/LOTW

Those values will effectively drives ALL of your views in the software about worked status.

If you have WORKED radio button selected you will see if you have WORKED/NOT WORKED a specific country.
If you set QSL radio button you will have filters working on RECEIVED/NOT RECEIVED related to QSL status. Many countries worked but unconfirmed will now turn red, because you've worked them but never received a QSL (or never received a QSL for the band and so on).
Same for EQSL and LOTW.

This selection is REALLY important and probably not well clear in all his functions.

Let me know if that could help you :)

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Hi Daniele,

If I understand it correctly, the feature as you are describing it, should really achieve exactly what I want. However, it doesn't really work exactly like that. Perhaps there may be a bug, or something small in the code might have been overlooked.

I haven't tested it with the "QSL" selected, but I have tested it with "LoTW". The enabling of "Remove worked country" removes worked countries, but unfortunately it removes even those that have not yet been confirmed via LoTW. I suspect this feature does not work as it was intended to work, unless I have misunderstood something about it, or I have not configured my Log4om correctly.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

The "Show Worked Only" does exactly that, it shows entities that you've worked irregardless of the QSL/LOTW status.

What is being asked in entirely different if I understand the issue noted.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I believe what Marvin is asking for is "Worked but Not Confirmed" by any method.
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Hi Chuck,

Yeah, perhaps the simplest way to explain my suggested feature is that I would like a cluster filter which would completely ignore whether or not a user has worked a DXCC entity, but rather it would only filter stations based on whether or not a DXCC entity has been confirmed.

I think Daniele in his first reply indicates that such filter behavior can be achieved when one of the radiobuttons (QSL/eQSL/LoTW) is selected. However, I'm using Log4om with the LoTW radiobutton selected, but the filter does NOT work as expected. It still hides worked/unconfirmed DXCC entities.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It appears to me that if the "Red" status "Unworked/ Unconfirmed" was two different colors with another radio button that said "not Confirmed" by the QSL method selected in a second radio button.

Maybe I still don't have the correct picture.
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Chuck, yeah, adding another color would be one possible implementation, but I'm not sure if adding a color is needed, and it might just add to the complexity.

I really now think, as described by Daniele in his first reply here, that the program is indeed designed to do what I want, but there might be some small glitch, or an oversight in the code, which causes to hide stations which should be shown in the following scenario: I have worked and confirmed a DXCC entity on for example only on 20m. If the same DXCC entity appears in cluster on 15m, using the settings suggested by Daniele, I would expect to see the station in cluster (in green color). This is working as long as I have not yet worked the station in 15. However, if I have worked it on 15m, eventhough the 15m QSO has not yet been confirmed, the filter hides the DXCC entity. I don't think this is the expected behavior of the feature.

I'm attaching a screenshot showing my settings.
Attachments
log4om-20130409.gif
log4om-20130409.gif (30.86 KiB) Viewed 9267 times