eQSL Pictures

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
CT1BXX
Old Man

eQSL Pictures

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi,
I would like to present an idea in order we can think about it's possible interest (or not)
What do you think about the possibility to download the qsl cards (pictures) from eQSL at same time it makes the download of confirmations?
My last log (logic) does it and I found it interesting inspite not being a big importance, but interesting...

73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: eQSL Pictures

Post by G4POP »

Hi Manuel,
I hope that you and your family are keeping well?

We have the eQSL image download on our future list and also the same for QRZ, so watch this space!
73 Terry G4POP
AG4F
Novice Class

Post by AG4F »

I know this is an old post, however...

I would also like to be able to either include a QSL card image (i.e. a BLOB data type) or at least a link to an image file (i.e. .JPG). This is for being able to view a scanned image of a paper QSL.

73 - David, AG4F
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

AG4F wrote:I know this is an old post, however...

I would also like to be able to either include a QSL card image (i.e. a BLOB data type) or at least a link to an image file (i.e. .JPG). This is for being able to view a scanned image of a paper QSL.

73 - David, AG4F
Hi David, and Team
Your idea is very interesting!
And another thing more, what about scanned Awards also?
Going further... create an album with the qsl´s related to a given Award...
As I have told before it is not important, however it would be interesting, but there is other things to be done before.
Let's wait we are keeping the team very busy. :oops:
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

:D
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
AG4F
Novice Class

Post by AG4F »

I now have version 1.22. Thank you VERY MUCH for adding the ability to attach images to the QSL record. However, I don't know why you hard coded the location of the image folders. In my case, running Windows 7 64-bit, that location is in the user AppData folder. I know, this is the "standard" for data files for an application. The user should really have the ability to have that folder reside as a subfolder in the same location as the log data (or anywhere else the user chooses).

All of my data is on a separate drive and is automatically backed up. Now I have to also back up this particular folder within the AppData folder in order to ensure that all my log data is backed up.

Please add the ability to allow the user to locate the image folder where he/she wants it.

For now, I'll add a symbolic link to force it to go where I want it, but that's really a hack that some users may not know how to do.

73 - David, AG4F
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

You can change it on Settings - Settings 1 screen
Default is in the roaming folder, but you can override it (well... if i remember well... it's already on actual public version... if not... it's in the 1.23 :)
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

If one uses SQLite then default should be the same directory where SQLite is. that will provide database to be at the same place (if we consider attached files part of database).
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

It's an option Pedja, but it's not mandatory, because an user can use the mysql database, that has no path (well, it has path but not so easily useable)
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

That is why I said SQLite - because that is reasonable situation: SQLite is file placed in custom location, and it makes sense that all attached documents are set at the same place to make a whole.

For example, I use Log4OM on two computers and share SQLite database using DropBox. It was very confusing until I realized problem is in this document path.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs