CW

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CW

Post by G4POP »

AB7R wrote:Looking forward to start using the new Flex 6700 with Log4OM this weekend.
Lucky lad I envy you :mrgreen:
73 Terry G4POP
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

You guys are getting me all excited with all this Winkey interfacing talk....

AB7R, you need to have the HRD logbook running to enable the receive fields in DM780. I use DM780 for CW only. I have Log4OM
running and DM780 running (no HRD log) and manually enter the call into Log4OM usually during the QSO. Works OK for my operating
habits. Usually I'm chasing somebody somewhere.

Jeff - N9BBE
AB7R
Advanced Class

Post by AB7R »

Thanks Daniele.

I received the 6700 Friday but have not had much time with it yet. I do have it set up and on the air though. Software in beta but progressing nicely.

Greg
Greg - AB7R
Caldwell, ID
AB7R
Advanced Class

Post by AB7R »

Thanks Jeff. Never liked HRD too much. I do however appreciate the versatility and simplicity of Log4OM.

Greg
Greg - AB7R
Caldwell, ID
KW0RH
Novice Class

Post by KW0RH »

Winwarbler also creates a "Minilog" that is an .adi file. From the Winwarbler help file:

The Minilog is a text file whose simple name is the operator's callsign (with any forward slashes or back slashes replaced by hyphens) and whose suffix is .adi

Every time you log a QSO, an ADIF record is appended to the Minilog's contents, whether or not DXKeeper is running. You can load the information contained in a Minilog into any logging application capable of importing standard ADIF.

Could LOG4OM be set up to use the information from this ADIF file?
G4POP wrote: Winwarbler could be a possibility but at first glance it does not seem to support TCP or UDP communication? so I am guessing it uses a dll to talk to other software and the rest of the DXLabs suite.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KW0RH wrote:Winwarbler also creates a "Minilog" that is an .adi file. From the Winwarbler help file:

The Minilog is a text file whose simple name is the operator's callsign (with any forward slashes or back slashes replaced by hyphens) and whose suffix is .adi

Every time you log a QSO, an ADIF record is appended to the Minilog's contents, whether or not DXKeeper is running. You can load the information contained in a Minilog into any logging application capable of importing standard ADIF.

Could LOG4OM be set up to use the information from this ADIF file?
G4POP wrote: Winwarbler could be a possibility but at first glance it does not seem to support TCP or UDP communication? so I am guessing it uses a dll to talk to other software and the rest of the DXLabs suite.
If you can provide a 'Minilog' ADIF file I will have a look at it - BY EMAIL PLEASE
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK for the benefit of everyone the ADIF file for Minilog can be monitored and QSO's imported by the Log4OM communicator

Communicator/Settings/Inbound settings/ADIF file polling

Check Enable
Select the path to the Minilog ADIF file

Now with both programs running as a QSO is added to Minilog it will be imported to Log4OM automatically

One caveat - The country name field will not be imported because it is not a standard ADIF field so you will need to update the country name using the Log4OM QSO Archive manager after import
73 Terry G4POP