Program functions

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
CT1ZW
Novice Class

Program functions

Post by CT1ZW »

I have just installed version 1.19.
Thanks for a new one.
Regarding the high level that Log4Om is achieving, there are things that could be implemented. As an authorised Iota Checkpoint (Portugal, Azores and Madeira), I would like to call your attention to Iota Award.

Lest talk about IOTA...
There are some functions missing, however I will point out the most urgent.
I have seen someone talking about it some time ago. Because it had not been possible to include before, I would like to recall the matter. I am bringing Iota matter because in some months we have the IOTA update, and it would very useful if we can count with those implementation.

1- Import Credits from IOTA
2-Possibility to show Iota Groups missing the very first time.
3-Iota Award is only a contact no matter the band or mode. It would be better to have displayed only in Mix (Band/Mode), is useless have, imagine EU-001 displayed as 10 M Worked and 20 M Confirmed - in this case the result should be only E-001 - Confirmed, in this way we can see more easily what Iota group is really missing.

Thanks for your attention. Júlio CT1ZW
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: Program functions

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi Julio,
And forum.

Nice surprise to see you here in forum, for long time I haven't seen you here. :D

Your comments are very interesting, and I agree that it would help a lot regarding Iota award.

About your point 1- importing credits from Iota website, it is a matter that we found some comments in forum.
About your point 2 I have also mentioned it some days ago, but the idea is not only for Iota but for also the others awards.

About your point 3, it comes to my mind the way that Iota worked in our old SwissLog some years ago, where we can define if the award where for "all band /all mode", or per band or per mode or per band and mode. In fact what we really need for Iota purpose is to know the QSL Status for a given Iota.
Iota Award, does not contemplate separate modes or bands like DXCC or Challenger, but only the entity on itself. We have no Iota per bands or mode. ( or am I wrong?)
It would be great, if Daniele could accept the idea, or even think about this subject.
It could be done in way to be good for all users: maintain the present view and add an option to show what we really need within the Iota Award.
I hope I have been clear about the idea.
Let´s wait for Daniele comments. :oops:
Best regards to all, and Julio please be more present in forum in order to increase the portuguese participation. I can not understand why we have only a few Portuguese colleagues in Log4OM forum, being this software an excellent log. :shock:
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi guys,
i'm reading...
Yes, something on IOTA is on plans, but i need (as usual) some time to analyze informations and think about a suitable solution.

A nice thing you can do is provide me some "basic" informations like where i can download IOTA credits file and provide me a IOTA credits file to use for analysis and test (i never checked in anything on IOTA yet so i don't have this file, i think)

Thanks
Daniele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote:Hi guys,
i'm reading...
Yes, something on IOTA is on plans, but i need (as usual) some time to analyze informations and think about a suitable solution.

A nice thing you can do is provide me some "basic" informations like where i can download IOTA credits file and provide me a IOTA credits file to use for analysis and test (i never checked in anything on IOTA yet so i don't have this file, i think)

Thanks
Daniele IW3HMH
I covered this in Mantis 352 some months ago
73 Terry G4POP