User defined font size

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
G4NVB
Advanced Class

User defined font size

Post by G4NVB »

I find the font size (logbook) on my Log4om setup a little on the small side (an age thing!) is there any liklihood of user defined font size in a future release?
73 de David G4NVB
VK7XX
Old Man

Re: User defined font size

Post by VK7XX »

G4NVB wrote:I find the font size (logbook) on my Log4om setup a little on the small side (an age thing!) is there any liklihood of user defined font size in a future release?
I can understand you wanting a larger font David, however I think that it maybe a lot more difficult than just changing fonts. Allowances would then also have to be made for the size of all the box's etc etc. which I imagine would be a programming nightmare.

I solved my font size problem by purchasing an el-cheapo pair of 1.5x magnifying reading glasses. Works well for me :shock:

John
VK7XX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You are correct John,

We have had many comments about this in the forum and as explained before we can't resolve this until we change to version 2. Problem is we also need to cater for users that have small Netbooks and more recently Windows Tablets

I am 75 years old so you will guess my eyesight is not great! I overcame the issue by using larger and multiple monitors back when I was involved with Simon Brown and HRD
73 Terry G4POP
MD0MDI
Novice Class

Post by MD0MDI »

I keep getting shown this by many operators but I and many others have the same issues with the size of text, my eyesight is not brilliant but I find it hard to actually ready the frequency.

I presently use UcxLog which resizes the font size as you inlarge the windows, if you could do this with Log4OM then I think that you would be onto a winner, I know that this is early days but horrible software such as HRD you can change the font size to make it easier to see. Not everyone can afford larger monitors, especially those with a larger resolution than HD.

Hopefully version 2 will have this feature.

James
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

James,
There are other solutions like using FLrig or a similar rig control software in conjunction with a virtual serial port splitter, alternatively Bandmaster provides an excellent frequency display and it shares the omnirig CAT control.(See image below)

We have some users who already are doing this while they wait for Log4om Version 2.00

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (270.88 KiB) Viewed 5693 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

G4POP wrote:We have some users who already are doing this while they wait for Log4om Version 2.00.
Terry,
What sort of timescale are we talking about for ver 2.00?
I would like to make Log4om my default Logbook, but the Font Size is a major issue for me.
73 de David G4NVB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4NVB wrote:
G4POP wrote:We have some users who already are doing this while they wait for Log4om Version 2.00.
Terry,
What sort of timescale are we talking about for ver 2.00?
I would like to make Log4om my default Logbook, but the Font Size is a major issue for me.

David,
We are working on it now but I can't really forecast when it will be released but hopefully before the end of the year.
73 Terry G4POP
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

Terry,
Thanks for the reply.
73 de David G4NVB