JT65 & JT9 signal reports

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
VK7XX
Old Man

Re: JT65 & JT9 signal reports

Post by VK7XX »

IW3HMH wrote:i mean 2 digits other than the minus (-) sign...
lele, for what it's worth, I have been doing JT65 mode for about 8 years and reports in both directions are always two numerals and a minus sign and recorded in the log this way.

With JT9 mode there are always two numerals and either a minus sign or a plus sign......... However, eQSL does not recognise the plus sign so when I log a signal report with JT9 that is sent or received with a plus, I just record the two numerals in my log. (with JT9 I do record minus signs in the log).

I hope this helps, regards
John
VK7XX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

it's the R-20 ???
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
M0RSF
Novice Class

Post by M0RSF »

If I were to work you Daniele on JT65 an example of a signal report that I sent to you would be.. IW3HMH M0RSF -07

The 'R' in your report to me is 'Roger' so I know that you have received my report, so for example M0RSF IW3HMH R-20

It's only a minor problem and when using JT65 I enter the signal reports manually rather that use the drop down list.

73 Chris M0RSF
G/QRP #07737 - Fists #15922
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

IW3HMH wrote:it's the R-20 ???
Chris reads the R-20 as a 'roger and that is correct. I read it as R-20 means 'Received' your report, here is my report to you of -20 . Same thing, different play on words. However, a heck of a lot of stations have taken to sending the R-?? first which plays havoc with ones double clicking to send reports. I ramble on. 99% irrelevant to this particular thread but the point is, reports should be logged as two numbers, with or without the minus sign, depending on whether its JT65 or a JT9 qso being logged.

Sorry for the ramble, but I'll click post anyway ;)

John