Easy QRZ Lookup

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Easy QRZ Lookup

Post by WA2SQQ »

Since dropping HRD and switching to LOG4OM I could not be happier! There is only one thing I miss, and perhaps LOG4OM has this feature - if not consider adding it. While I am working a station I often like to check out their QRZ page. A simple and fast way to take the stations call and access QRZ would sure be nice!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Easy QRZ Lookup

Post by G4POP »

Have you tried clicking the "Lookup" button above the small Cluster on the right, it either opens the Log4om browser or if you check the check box an external browser.

Clearly if the browser is already open it will change the lookup

BTW you need to type the call sign into the QSO window for this to work
73 Terry G4POP
AG4F
Novice Class

Post by AG4F »

Can a setting be added to make this automatic, i.e. when a callsign is entered the QRZ lookup is automatically done. I always want to see the QRZ page and don't like the required extrax step to click that button every time.
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

Hi would be possible to add qrz lookup page from archive window, adding a new menu availa :D ble with right click ?
Attachments
archive.jpg
archive.jpg (125.13 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
73 de Don IK2EGL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ik2egl wrote:Hi would be possible to add qrz lookup page from archive window, adding a new menu availa :D ble with right click ?

Already in version 1.21 which will be released in some days
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Terry,

For version 1.21, the Lookup <callsign> option is on the right click menu for the Recent QSO tab (F8), but it is NOT on the following displays of QSO's:
1. Detached Grid of Recent QSO window.
2. QSO Archive window.
3. QSL Management window.
4. Show QSL window - which displays when you click on a grid of the Statistics and Awards window, Awards tab.

I believe that the lookup is needed on all displays of recent qso's. But rather than trying to update all those QSO displays with right click menus, and keeping them current, how about adding the Lookup QRZ and Lookup HamQTH options to the Update QSO dialog form instead?? That way, these two options are available ANY time you are editing or looking at a QSO, as all these approaches seem to use the same Update QSO form.

Thanks,
Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Doug,
A lot of users requested it in the right click window that is why we put it there also it's faster than bringing up the edit window, clicking the button and then having to close the edit window!
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Thanks Terry,

Either way I would be happy. But it needs to be on all the qso list windows if that is the chosen approach. And two options, one for QRZ and one for HamQTH, actually would also be useful to have ClubLog also!

Thanks,
Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
AG4F
Novice Class

Post by AG4F »

Terry -

Is there a list available with the upcoming new features, fixes, etc. in version 2.0? Also, do you need alpha. beta testers?

73 - David, AG4F
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

AG4F wrote:Terry -

Is there a list available with the upcoming new features, fixes, etc. in version 2.0? Also, do you need alpha. beta testers?

73 - David, AG4F
Hi David,
We keep new features to ourselves to avoid other developers stealing our ideas

We have a full compliment of testers but will put you on our list
73 Terry G4POP