60 Meter Suport

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
N9UOM
Novice Class

60 Meter Suport

Post by N9UOM »

Folks

wondering if you could turn off the "Out of Band" red banner that pops in under the Callsign entry area for the 60m segment .. i been using 60m for a few days and i keep getting the nag that i am out of band .. on the next update could you please address this issue or is there some way i can do it.. I really LOVE the program .. thank you for doing a great job.

Thank you
Randi N9UOM ;)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: 60 Meter Suport

Post by G4POP »

Randi
Modify the bandplan 2 or let me know you 60 m allocations and I will do it for you
73 Terry G4POP
N9UOM
Novice Class

Post by N9UOM »

G4POP wrote:Randi
Modify the bandplan 2 or let me know you 60 m allocations and I will do it for you
Hello Terry

I put "60m" in both of the Band List and RX Band List under the Expert Mode .. it still says i am out of band when i use 60 Meters .. as you may or may not know 60m is a Channelized Band .. the Freq for that band is as follows .. 5.330.50 5.346.50 5.366.50 5.371.50 5.403.50 if there is some other place that i need to add the 60m please let me know or would you be so kind and do it for me and add it to the next update ..

Thanks for all you do .. love the program,
Randi N9UOM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Randi,

As I said you need to modify the bandplan 2 file which is in your LogOM folder it cannot be edited from within the program

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM

Edit it with notepad

We will not add it to the next update because your 60 meter allocation does not apply to every country in region 2, i.e. what applies in the USA does not apply in Brazil
73 Terry G4POP
N9UOM
Novice Class

Post by N9UOM »

G4POP wrote:Randi,

As I said you need to modify the bandplan 2 file which is in your LogOM folder it cannot be edited from within the program

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM

Edit it with notepad

We will not add it to the next update because your 60 meter allocation does not apply to every country in region 2, i.e. what applies in the USA does not apply in Brazil
Hello Terry

Thanks for the information and where the file is .. i would never have found it .. i copied the pattern that was posted and low and behold it works .. thanks for the help .. Randi N9UOM
J85K
Advanced Class

Post by J85K »

N9UOM wrote:
G4POP wrote:Modify the bandplan 2 or let me know you 60 m allocations and I will do it for you
I put "60m" in both of the Band List and RX Band List under the Expert Mode .. it still says i am out of band when i use 60 Meters .. as you may or may not know 60m is a Channelized Band ..
Randi N9UOM

Hello Daniele and Terry,

FYI -- 60 meter in on the Geneva ITU-WRC 2015 conference table in November of this year. In the Eastern Caribbean, the following allocations have been made on a secondary basis use as follows:

1) Trinidad and Tobago = 5.250 to 5.450 MHz, All Mode, 1.5 kW PEP output limit.

2) Barbados = 5.250 to 5.400 MHz, USB, 100 watt PEP output

3) I have applied to the national regulator NTRC_SVG - Saint Vincent and The Grenadines for privileges based on the Trinidad and Tobago precedent.
ECTEL the regional regulator serves the OECS member states of Antigua & Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Martinique, Montserrat, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & The Grenadines, along with Anguilla and the British Virgin Islands. It is expected that privileges granted to SVG will obtain across the regime area.

We in the Lesser Antilles consider 60 meters to be of immense value for emergency communications. The region is subject to Storms and Hurricanes, Earthquake and Volcanic activity, and Tsunami threat.

It is very likely that both daytime and nighttime operation can occur on a single call frequency. For instance 80 meters is used primarily (nighttime) between sunset and sunrise, and 40 meters (daytime) between sunrise and sunset.
The Caribbean Emergency & Weather Net operates 3.815 MHz daily @ 1030 / 2230 UTC with an alternate frequency of 7.162 MHz.

http://cewn.org/

For your knowledge and guidance,

Kumar_J85K
SVGARC President
Saint Vincent & The Grenadines Amateur Radio Club
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Next release will support COUNTRY based bandplans.
You can create a bandplan_dxcc<YOUR DXCC>.xml file and this will be used for the specific DXCC (your country as set in log4om settings)

That way we can have a specific band plan for antilles (one file per DXCC), that will fail back to the region if your country doesn't have a DXCC specific bandplan.

We will made those files available here and on main website, if needed, and i will collect them to be included in future releases, so if you have a file ready with the required modifications please send it to me (or split by name and send me the final bunch of files) to be included in next release (starting from 1.23)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
OZ8PG
Novice Class

Post by OZ8PG »

Hello Log4OM-users.

I failed on the 60M bandplan modification in the bandplan2.xml file.
I used Notepad as described and did my best. I copied the the 40M info and changed the frequencies to 60 M, and pasted it in between 80-and 40meter. Retsarted Log4OM , but it did'nt work

The National Rules for 60 Meter here in OZ is : 5250 - 5450KHz

Best regards
OZ8PG
Per
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OZ8PG wrote:Hello Log4OM-users.

I failed on the 60M bandplan modification in the bandplan2.xml file.
I used Notepad as described and did my best. I copied the the 40M info and changed the frequencies to 60 M, and pasted it in between 80-and 40meter. Retsarted Log4OM , but it did'nt work

The National Rules for 60 Meter here in OZ is : 5250 - 5450KHz

Best regards
OZ8PG
Per

Per,

Try copy and pasting this into your band pan

<BandPlanRange>
<Band>60m</Band>
<Start>5249.999</Start>
<End>5450.001</End>
<BandUpperLimit>false</BandUpperLimit>
<EmissionType>CW</EmissionType>
<ModulationType>USB</ModulationType>
</BandPlanRange>

Don't forget to save your band plan as

bandplan_r1_user.xml

Into the C:\.....................\AppData\Roaming\LogOM folder
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

If terry solution works we can release this fix as a country specific band plan. Now Log4OM is supporting overrides by country on the regional bandplans.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH