Grid field

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
PB4FUN
Advanced Class

Grid field

Post by PB4FUN »

Could you force uppercase on the grid square textbox (or make it possible with a setting) ?
PB4FUN Meindert; Rig : Icom IC-9100 / Ant: Falcon OUT-250-B @4m AGL; 144 MHz 16 el @ 4m AGL; 70 cm 23 el @ 5 m AGL
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Grid field

Post by IW3HMH »

We can do but usually gridsquares are reported as "JN65eo" with 2 upper and 2 lower case digits...
do we really need an user option for that?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IMHO No
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

IW3HMH wrote:We can do but usually gridsquares are reported as "JN65eo" with 2 upper and 2 lower case digits...
do we really need an user option for that?

You are correct in that grids are 2 x uppercase 2 x numbers 2 x lowercase. The only "force upper case" would be for the first two letters only and I think this is what P4FUN is requesting. currently, if you work a call that does not automatically populate the locator, and you manually type in a locator in the box (near mode) and you type it in lower case, it gets recorded in lower case therefore, forcing upper case in this instance is required.

John
VK7XX

PS, added as an afterthought......... looking through my log currently, grids get recorded in the log, either 'as typed' or 'as retrieved' from qrz. my log has a mixture of.... all upper case, all lower case, mixed upper & lower............ so Lele, for a future release, how about forcing the grid to the most accepted format as quoted by you.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

A sort of "normalization" could be useful, i agree.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
PB4FUN
Advanced Class

Post by PB4FUN »

There is also no good check for valid grid, you can enter a non-existing grid like ZZ99ZZ.
That gridvalue is not saved but gives no warning about the wrong grid (maybe a red border of the textbox after a key_up event with a regular expression as check)

If you edit the QSO you can enter that wrong grid and it is saved that way.
PB4FUN Meindert; Rig : Icom IC-9100 / Ant: Falcon OUT-250-B @4m AGL; 144 MHz 16 el @ 4m AGL; 70 cm 23 el @ 5 m AGL
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Yes I would appreciate also a "normalisation" of the Grid Field.

There is another behaviour I would like to address in another Feature Request, please see:

Grid Locator Erasure
73 Olaf DK2LO