IOTA Cluster

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
CT1BXX
Old Man

IOTA Cluster

Post by CT1BXX »

Hello dear Colleagues,
First I would like to express my public recognition to Danielle and all the team for all the devotion to Log4OM; thanks for the last release. :D

What I am pointing now is something that had been talked before, however I have another idea that seems a bit more easy to implement.
I am talking about IOTA and Cluster.
I thought that an easy way to handle IOTA status within cluster, is to create a new column. When we have a spot for an IOTA, the IOTA reference, is shown in this column and with a backcolor according the needs ie: Red for a new one, Yellow if it had been worked but not confirmed and green in case it is confirmed.

73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: IOTA Cluster

Post by G4POP »

CT1BXX wrote:Hello dear Colleagues,
First I would like to express my public recognition to Danielle and all the team for all the devotion to Log4OM; thanks for the last release. :D

What I am pointing now is something that had been talked before, however I have another idea that seems a bit more easy to implement.
I am talking about IOTA and Cluster.
I thought that an easy way to handle IOTA status within cluster, is to create a new column. When we have a spot for an IOTA, the IOTA reference, is shown in this column and with a backcolor according the needs ie: Red for a new one, Yellow if it had been worked but not confirmed and green in case it is confirmed.

Hi Manuel,
Point taken but what we really require is the DX Clusters to add the IOTA number as a specific field because relying on the spotter adding the IOTA reference to the 'Note' or 'Other info' fields is very inefficient.

As an example I was listening to E51FOC on South Cook Island which was spotted by G4BUE but there was no reference to it being an IOTA entity anywhere in the cluster information so the reporting is extremely haphazard!

The current highlighting of IOTA comments and notes works fairy well considering the above and when used in conjunction with the Country, band and mode colour coding provides a fairly good indicator but I agree we could improve upon this in the manner that you describe.

As ever thank you for your valuable contributions to the program.

Best wishes to you and your family.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (72.75 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: IOTA Cluster

Post by IW3HMH »

Something will be done with alert system, under definition.
Stay tuned :)

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH