QSO Entry - visible station fields

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
KM4SLW
Novice Class

QSO Entry - visible station fields

Post by KM4SLW »

I would like to see the QSO entry information arranged differently. The information that I'd prefer to see is currently spread out between the F1, F2, and F5 tabs. I'd like to have the contact's CALLSIGN, NAME, COUNTRY, STATE/PREF, COUNTY, and QTH fields grouped together and visible at the same time. To ME this seems like basic info that belongs together...

Tnx,
Steve - KM4SLW
Steve - KM4SLW
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: QSO Entry - visible station fields

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Steve,
your request make sense, but we're currently dealing with one of our requirements, that is related to the interface size.
To keep Log4Om compatible with some mobile devices/small laptops we should shrink Log4OM to the actual minimum size, and everything should be kept in this space.
This means we should make some choices in order of the amount and type of available fields, that is represented in the actual screen

Starting from next release i think i will have enough "space" to create a new, dedicated, popup window for QSO insertion with much more space for QSO data entry, including fields you're asking.
This will be an alternative input for QSO, while the main user interface will remain untouched.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Steve,

Subscribe to QRZ data plan. LOG4OM will then populate all of the input fields automatically for you (name, country, state/province, county, etc). It's a small price to pay to save yourself a LOT of typing and to make your operating more efficient and more fun.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VE3VEE wrote:Steve,

Subscribe to QRZ data plan. LOG4OM will then populate all of the input fields automatically for you (name, country, state/province, county, etc). It's a small price to pay to save yourself a LOT of typing and to make your operating more efficient and more fun.

73 Marvin VE3VEE

Or even HamQTH which is free!
73 Terry G4POP
KM4SLW
Novice Class

Post by KM4SLW »

I have a QRZ subscription and it populates the fields. I'm not talking about entering the data. I talking about I don't want to click on 3 different tabs to SEE the data. Data that I believe logically belongs together is scattered. I am a computer programmer and I guess I'm a bit anal about software. I appreciate the complexity of this and other logging programs. It's just that in this case this isn't the way I would have done it :D
Steve - KM4SLW
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

As said before, it's matter of form size and device resolution.
We tried to accommodate the most relevant fields to let operators have a good comfort, but keeping all data on screen and low resolution support and fonts not so small it's an hard task.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH