WWFF

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
VK2QR
Novice Class

WWFF

Post by VK2QR »

Hello All

Great logging software thanks.

Would it be possible to add a WWFF, parks and peaks tab similar to the SOTA tab.
Your thoughts please.
Cheers:
Rob
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: WWFF

Post by G4POP »

Already in the awards
73 Terry G4POP
VK2QR
Novice Class

Post by VK2QR »

G4POP wrote:Already in the awards
So could you tell me how to keep track of my Parks activations, ie where does one record the activated parks number?

Thanks
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Page 138 of the user guide and the Log4om Awards part 1 and 2 here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Ppcj ... yavI-azOug
73 Terry G4POP
VK2QR
Novice Class

Post by VK2QR »

Thanks Terry
Very Informative great for people chasing wwff stations worked however I was suggesting a new tab/field to be added for those activating parks, just the same as the fields MY SOTA ref, and MY IOTA ref. I'm using the SOTA field and it works great. Just did not see where I could add information for the park I activated. Did I miss something in the instructions.

Cheers:
Rob
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK2QR wrote:Thanks Terry
Very Informative great for people chasing wwff stations worked however I was suggesting a new tab/field to be added for those activating parks, just the same as the fields MY SOTA ref, and MY IOTA ref. I'm using the SOTA field and it works great. Just did not see where I could add information for the park I activated. Did I miss something in the instructions.

Cheers:
Rob
The problem is Rob where do we stop adding tabs?

Arguably WWFF is not as popular as some other awards so which deserve tabs and which don't?

We have about 78 special awards, and more being added daily, that are similar to and as important as WWFF, we cant have a tab for all of them and if we did then perhaps we should have tabs for the DXCC awards because they are far more popular!

You see the problem?

IOTA and SOTA are different to the normal awards, requiring specific criteria and handling, they are also very popular, this is why we tabbed those two award schemes.
73 Terry G4POP
VK2QR
Novice Class

Post by VK2QR »

Terry

Yes I can see the problem, I understand regarding the other award programs, You have added the IOTA and SOTA fields because they are popular and different in the way they are managed, I believe the WWFF fits into the same category of popularity and management requirements especially for activators, very similar to SOTA. Obviously you need to draw the line somewhere. Maybe I will create my own custom award setup as demonstrated by your you tube video for the WWFF activating qualifications. The program is very flexible this way a credit to the writers thanks.

Cheers:
Rob
VK2QR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Rob
No need to construct your own WWFF award its already there and ready for immediate use, as is the South Australia National Parks Award
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (44.98 KiB) Viewed 6032 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (50.84 KiB) Viewed 6032 times
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Sota and IOTA have dedicated fields in the ADIF protocol.
To handle those informations, the code should be integrated in a different way into the program.

SOTA and IOTA Handling could be done using "standard" award management, but some data should be extracted in a specific way and placed into the database in some dedicated fields to be exported in ADIF standard.
This is why we made a separate management.
SOTA has, also, a completely (in some manner "stupid") way to manage informations and references. This is a problem because it's completely different from any other standard we have seen in other awards, while WFF is using a more "regular" (and appreciated) standard that could be kept in the list of awards as well as any other award.

It's not a "first class/second class" choice. It's a pure technical implementation and constraints made by how the ADIF Group decided to manage IOTA and SOTA (and deliberately exclude all informations related to other awards from the protocol)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH