ADIF Import not setting profile information

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
KT5V
Advanced Class

Re: ADIF Import not setting profile information

Post by KT5V »

G4NVB wrote:There are various Excel utilities that combined with AdifMaster that can help with manipulating data from one format to another. Just make sure you are using a backed up file before modifing.

Yes, David there are. I even managed with my limited skills to pull something together in Excel that will do what I'm looking for as a proof of concept - not ready for a real file yet. Then a little googling turned up lots of options for getting ADIF into Excel and back out again.

The lesson here is that this type of file massaging is better done with a helper program or script, outside of Log4OM.

73 de David KT5V
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Re: ADIF Import not setting profile information

Post by G4NVB »

KT5V wrote: Yes, David there are. I even managed with my limited skills to pull something together in Excel that will do what I'm looking for as a proof of concept - not ready for a real file yet. Then a little googling turned up lots of options for getting ADIF into Excel and back out again.

The lesson here is that this type of file massaging is better done with a helper program or script, outside of Log4OM.

73 de David KT5V
Providing you keep back ups of both original log files, you can play with the excel / adif files until you get exactly what you want. I still occasionally export my log to adif then excel, tidy things up and then import into a new / empty database. Good luck!
73 de David G4NVB