Add Built-in Rig Control

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Add Built-in Rig Control

Post by DF5WW »

No ... Log4OM don´t have a virtual com splitter. For com splitting you have to use one of the several softwares you will find in the internet. But all those softwares only can split hardware com ports. It´s impossible to split a virtual com. That means if you have rig control via USB cable it installs a virtual com port, this one is not to split. If you have rig control via real serial com you can split it.

;) ;)
Last edited by DF5WW on 19 Feb 2017, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Post by IK0TIX »

I understand thanks
Max IK0TIX
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Post by IK0TIX »

...but i don't find one for free :(
I have windows 10 64bit (only 32bit for free)
Max IK0TIX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IK0TIX wrote:...but i don't find one for free :(
I have windows 10 64bit (only 32bit for free)
I am happily using VSP manager from Steve Nance K5FR with my windows 10 64 bit OS

You didn't say why you need a VSP, please explain
73 Terry G4POP
4z5cp
Novice Class

Post by 4z5cp »

G4POP wrote:
I am happily using VSP manager from Steve Nance K5FR with my windows 10 64 bit OS
K5FR VSPM *DOES NOT* allow port splitting which is defined as allowing multiple programs to connect to one source.
IK0TIX looking for comm splitting, VSPE is not free for 64 bit operating systems. !!!
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Post by IK0TIX »

4z5cp wrote:
G4POP wrote:
K5FR VSPM *DOES NOT* allow port splitting which is defined as allowing multiple programs to connect to one source.
IK0TIX looking for comm splitting, VSPE is not free for 64 bit operating systems. !!!
exactly!!! :))
I try Franson GpsGate but when I use it with log4om and rs-ba1 (icom rig control) log4om stop working.
I do not know why it does not work!
Fabula serial port splitter work good but it's only usable free for 15 days.
Max IK0TIX
W4ADL
New user

Post by W4ADL »

I wish Log4OM would let me connect through my ICOM RSBA-1 software. As a visually impaired operator I have a very large screen and stuck using HRD because the ONLY thing it does better is full rig control. I use an ICOM IC-9100 and soon will have a 7300 to keep the 9100 for D-Star and satellite work. For the time being I use my 9100 for all HF and it works well, I would be glad to beta test for this if you would like. I have done a lot of beta testing over the years but since losing 90% of my vision my life saver has become amateur radio. I paid for HRD but really prefer Lof4OM and would dump HRD in a heartbeat if I had full rig control through my RSBA-1 software. Omnirig and Hamlib (can never get hamlib to work on a regular basis) do not let me use my large screen to change filters, frequency, band and all other radio functions. My info on QRZ is good if I can help, please feel free to contact me. I would gladly beta test and pay for the software if I could dump the resource hog that is HRD and that useless DM780 that has not changed since HRD was free it still crashes constantly even with its very limited macro functions.

Thank you for reading,
73 de Chris W4ADL
73 de Chris NO7E
NO7E@arrl.net
OMISS #10925
PODXS #2551
Feld Hell Club #5846
ICOM IC-7300 Alpha Delta DXCC @34 Feet
ICOM IC-9100 Diamond X200A
CR7ALW
New user

Post by CR7ALW »

I'm with the idea that the wheel should not be reinvented.

A virtual COM splitter wouldn't be bad though. I use etherlogic's VSPS for virtual COM splitting and I recommend it to all my friends.
When you're running Log4OM, WSJT-X, fldigi and Kenwood's control software everything at the same time a VSPS becomes a necessity. And I'm quite afraid to loose that as windows upgrades and VSPSs don't.

Also, I'm with the idea that improving on the "rig read" side of things would be nice. Especially for working split and etc.

That said, it's better to have a more limited functionality and keep out the bloat than to have a all-in-one that all-meh.
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Post by IK0TIX »

frankly, in my opinion, it would be enough to change mode and setting power.
Max IK0TIX