Smarter net control

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
G4AON
Old Man

Smarter net control

Post by G4AON »

When involved in a net with a handful of stations, closing the net (using the Close NET button) should enter all the calls into the log, it doesn't. It should also be possible to add the names from the Net Control window to the log, it doesn't (assuming you are not connected to the internet/QRZ, etc.).

Sliding the calls to the right hand "inactive" window enters them into the log (minus the name) but that is easily forgotten and is tedious.

73 Dave
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Smarter net control

Post by G4POP »

Noted
73 Terry G4POP
J85K
Advanced Class

Post by J85K »

That Net Control log would better serve its mission, if:-

1) It pulled Database information QRZ / HamCall / etc. to confirm the call-sign and auto-fill field information

2) Allowed for per call-sign storing of RST reports as opposed to a generic RST for all check-ins upon Save / Close net

3) Highlighted the input of a 'duplicate' entry

In my case, my log can exceed a hundred check-ins per net.

Kumar
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes Kumar, but massive insert is not compatible with the single rst... anyway yes, we can add those features or part of them. I've some time now for that
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4AON
Old Man

Post by G4AON »

I've noticed the entries from a net take several seconds to appear in the main log. This might be an issue with a future upgrade when (hopefully) closing a net and entering several calls at once.

My previous log program (Winlog32), enters the members of a net into the log on call in, leaving the end time blank, then adds the end time on net closure.

The latter method might speed up net closure in a future release of Log4OM.

73 Dave
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Longer time is due to the data retrieval process from external sources, that will start when you add the QSO and could take some time, according to the external source response time.
I'm thinking about some changes on that part, since several time, that include a different management of the informations
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH