Cluster Clicking

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
G6VMR
Old Man

Cluster Clicking

Post by G6VMR »

HI All

I know we have discussed this but the current feature does not work for me.

Currently a single click on a spot adds the spot to the log window. This is OK in itself.

Except that whilst I want the current spot in the log window whilst I am awaiting to work then in the pile etc. I would also like to still interrogate new spots to check statistics of where they may be needed for QSL check the spot website etc. As soon as I click this spot it enters the log window. Which is not what I want.

Please can we bring back the double click to add a spot to the logbook window.

Or make this user definable. If this is achievable in a different way please let me know

Martin
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Cluster Clicking

Post by K7PT »

Some like it hot and some like it cold. Don't know if there is a happy medium.

Maybe a single click sub window like the logging window, i.e. a information pane. Lot of work for poor Lele.

By the way, a double click does populate the log pane and tunes the rig.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G6VMR
Old Man

Post by G6VMR »

Hi

I think the best idea is to make it user definable so we decide for ourselves.

I do appreciate the work and fully support this fantastic log book program.

Sorry but my day job it IT Change Control so I know from the sharp end how difficult it is to please when changing software functionality. I am a stickler for trying to reduce mouse clicks. I have already mentioned hiding the Winkeyer launch selection and moving it off the front screen is another none user friendly annoyance. I would like this to launch in the Setting 2 Options window with the ability to enable auto or not.

Sorry for my vent. Put it down to being passionate about wanting this logbook program to be the best it can be.

Martin
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Martin, I appreciate your suggestions. Unfortunately we have only 2 useful mouse buttons and already 3 different functions associated with 2 buttons and double click on left button. An option is possible, as Log4OM is now more known a log 4 options :-)

As Chuck said well we already tried to face all use requirements for cluster handling. I'll add your request to the list but we should try to keep is friendly and intuitive, so we need to think about
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G6VMR
Old Man

Post by G6VMR »

Thank You

The original functionality was changed to what it is now. And I like what we had.

We need to be careful as improvements for some are negatively impacting others.

Thanks

Martin