Scaleable fonts, please!

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
DH2ID
New user

Scaleable fonts, please!

Post by DH2ID »

Hi, I know that I'm riding an old horse, but, please make fonts scaleable in Log4OM!
This program is otherwise very good, one of the best out there, but I hate to have to
run it on my old (but trusty) IBM thinkpad, because I can read the fonts there :cry:
On my newer screens and notebooks, the fonts are way too small to read (see pic)
73, Alex DH2ID
Log4OM.jpg
Log4OM.jpg (93.53 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Scaleable fonts, please!

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Alex,
this is one of the most problematic things we have in the current software. It's an issue related to the technology we're using, that could not be addressed so easily, without a complete change of the user interface technology (a complete software rebuild).

I'm working on a new "V2" version, but this node has not be decided yet. I'm much more "productive" in winforms than xaml technology, and new xaml technology (that support font scalability) uses a more "web" approach.
When you increase fonts in a webpage, all images, box, tables and other things will move accordingly. This means we could have field and field descriptions moving to different rows, completely scrambling the user interface.
The other way is to create a fixed interface, with bigger fonts. That is an option, but bigger fonts means less space available to fit informations, that will create a more "verbose" interface with more pages and less "everything at a glance" look.

It's an hard task
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DH2ID
New user

Post by DH2ID »

Thank you for your reply to my suggestion.
Another way to improve font readabilty would be
to have several fixed sizes which you could choose from a setup.
In all other aspects your software is great, but not for visually
impaired people, sadly.
73, Alex DH2ID
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

I was literally just coming to start a thread about this myself!

I am setting up my shiny new Surface Pro 3 (yes 3 not 4, I always run a version or so behind :) ) and the fonts are tiny.
I can set the display size on the surface bigger, but the next size up is industrial sized, no halfway. I'm going to have to remember to take reading glasses with me portable!

However, I also setup Minos contest logger for pure contesting (I like Log4OM for all but contest logging) and that has the ability to choose font and font size. Don't know if you have seen this so I thought I would mention it.
Suggestion above would probably be better still, just a few size choices if possible.