Frequency Memory Suggestion

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
K2RAS
Novice Class

Frequency Memory Suggestion

Post by K2RAS »

I took a look at the new Frequency Memory window and it looks great. I have both the Flex SmartSDR memory window and the Log4OM memory feature, but neither allows quick memory reference to an active entry in the cluster scrolling window.

The following suggestion might make the memory window even more useful. How about some way of right-clicking or otherwise selecting a cluster entry and easily adding it to a short-term memory. If the program had an 'Cluster' memory folder and applied the callsign, country, mode, and freq to the memory label it would simplify moving between frequencies of interest. Maybe Log4OM could keep an internal 'pointer' to the cluster entry as long as the program remains open.

Anyway something like this might be helpful to those utilizing the cluster functionality.

Ron
K2RAS
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Frequency Memory Suggestion

Post by IW3HMH »

like a "save this cluster row for later"?
main difference is if you plan to have single cluster or multiple cluster objects in memory.
Anyway seems a nice idea. I'll save for later.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
K2RAS
Novice Class

Re: Frequency Memory Suggestion

Post by K2RAS »

I sometimes use clusters to find unusual contacts, and Log4OM properly uses CAT to automatically set the radio as a cluster row is selected. If several active cluster entries are of interest, some easy method of quickly moving between them (even if the row has rolled off the visible cluster contact list) would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps the memory list would be a good solution in this case (assuming the callsign, frequency and mode were stored with the memory entry).

If I understand your 'save an cluster row for later' comment, it might be nice to save an interesting callsign for later review, but that is not my particular requirement, I am looking for a quick way to switch between active cluster rows, even if the row has rolled off the visible cluster contact list.

Thanks, Ron
K2RAS