Let FLDIGI Control Log4OM

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
N4xyz
Novice Class

Let FLDIGI Control Log4OM

Post by N4xyz »

The way it is now I use Omnirig to control Log4OM and Fldigi. Fldigi has a much more robust control program in RigCat. You can control the radio, set PTT, Filters etc. I am not a programer so this may be a ridicules suggestion but: if you run FLdigi set it up with RigCat then through XML or tcpip let it talk to Log4OM.
Thanks for a great program and indulging my thoughts.
Dave, N4XYZ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Let FLDIGI Control Log4OM

Post by IW3HMH »

The right way to work should be log4om and fldigi works together in "master" mode with flrig.
I should investigate that part, adding a new CAT integration is not simple as it seems :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Let FLDIGI Control Log4OM

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Lele,

long time ago i have asked about an integration of Flrig as a third method to realise CAT. My great, but old, IC-735 works perfect with Flrig, it can handle split and all the nice things make it easier to work with the rig. You can setup memories ... and it works also with modern rigs including SDR´s .... If there is a possibility to integrate this it would be a nice option for me and i think for a lot of other guys too :D :D
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.