QSO Info right-click

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
w9mdb
Old Man

QSO Info right-click

Post by w9mdb »

Can we get the same context menu on QSO Information that is on Recent QSOs?
I frequently edit a QSO and need to upload to QRZ for example and having to find it again in the Recent is a bit of a pain.
Mike W9MDB
VK7XX
Old Man

Re: QSO Info right-click

Post by VK7XX »

w9mdb wrote:Can we get the same context menu on QSO Information that is on Recent QSOs?
I frequently edit a QSO and need to upload to QRZ for example and having to find it again in the Recent is a bit of a pain.
Mike W9MDB
Hello Mike. I have reported this over a few versions.

You will find that the missing right click menus in Recent QSO's are only missing when that window is opened as 'detached grid' . The right click menu's are in the Recent QSO's providing you open it using the F8 key of click that tab on the main log page.

Just why some menus disappear when the window becomes detached beats me, and fingers crossed that this finally gets fixed in the next release.

John
VK7XX
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

Maybe I wasn't clear...I'd like to see the "QSO Information" tab have the same right-click menu as the "Recent QSOs".

The only action on the QSO Information tab is "Edit QSO with ...."

Mike
W9MDB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote:Maybe I wasn't clear...I'd like to see the "QSO Information" tab have the same right-click menu as the "Recent QSOs".

The only action on the QSO Information tab is "Edit QSO with ...."

Mike
W9MDB
If you are doing that sort of editing the correct place to do it is in the QSO Manager/QSO archive, not the F7 tab, where a full set of right click commands is available.

The F7 tab is just provided to display worked before information it is not an update window
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

You know I've ever opened that window before. That's better than what I was doing. Still not quite as easy as just adding the context to F7 but much better.
Are you saying it's not possible to add that context to the F7 tab? Is there some reason it shouldn't have the same ability?
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

I've been asking for that full list of right click options which are available on the Recent QSO (F8) tab to be available on ALL windows which show a list of QSO's, detached, attached, etc. Is should be a very easy thing to add. It would make life much simpler for users, regardless of how they use the program.

And although the QSO Manager/Qso Archive window has the upload right click options, it still does not have the Lookup option.

This pretty much tops my list of desired upgrades...

Thanks,

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA