Cluster Improvements and other Musings

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
K9IUQ
Novice Class

Cluster Improvements and other Musings

Post by K9IUQ »

I have been using LOG4OM for a couple of weeks due to my HRD V6 Logger constantly locking up. I did expect much from a free logger but have been surprised by LOG4OM. Indeed I like LOG4OM and may not go back to HRD logger even it gets fixed.

Here are a few suggestions. In the cluster window I want to monitor more than just one band at once. For instance I want to monitor spots for 15,12,10 meters. Right now it can not be done. It is either one band or all bands. Or maybe I am missing something?

I own a QS1R sdr and CW Skimmer Server software . CW Skimmer server sends the spots to the LOG4OM cluster window just fine. However I also want to monitor the VE7CC cluster st the SAME time as CW Skimmer server. IOW I want to be able to telnet to TWO different DX Clusters at the same time.

I own DX ATLAS which is a highly useful program. Many loggers interface to DX Atlas. IOW when I click on a spot in the Cluster window of LOG4OM I want the spot to be sent to DX Atlas. I have seen this suggestion in other posts. Right now I use DX Atlas along side of LOG4OM but must type the call manually into DX Atlas. I want it to be done automatically like CommCat and and Dx Lab loggers...

Stan K9IUQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster Improvements and other Musings

Post by G4POP »

K9IUQ wrote:In the cluster window I want to monitor more than just one band at once. For instance I want to monitor spots for 15,12,10 meters. Right now it can not be done. It is either one band or all bands. Or maybe I am missing something?
We have this on our Mantis list but meanwhile you can filter the spots being displayed in the Options/Cat & Cluster tab using the 'Cluster filters' ultimately we will have these filters on the cluster window
IOW I want to be able to telnet to TWO different DX Clusters at the same time.
We already have in development a cluster aggregator which will allow you to aggregate the results of up to 6 clusters - Meanwhile there is a free spot aggregator that you can interface with Log4OM - See http://www.reversebeacon.net/pages/Aggregator+19
I own DX ATLAS which is a highly useful program. Many loggers interface to DX Atlas. IOW when I click on a spot in the Cluster window of LOG4OM I want the spot to be sent to DX Atlas. I have seen this suggestion in other posts. Right now I use DX Atlas along side of LOG4OM but must type the call manually into DX Atlas. I want it to be done automatically like CommCat and and Dx Lab loggers...
Already on our Mantis list
73 Terry G4POP
K9IUQ
Novice Class

Post by K9IUQ »

Ah - the "Options/Cat & Cluster tab using the 'Cluster filters" does what I want, it would be more convenient doing this on the cluster window. Also I have noticed that every time I use the Options window and save I lose my cat connection and have to restart LOg4OM to get the cat back. Is this a feature or a bug? I use Omnirig with Icom 7600V2.

I looked at the link for the free spot aggregator. However I do not want to send my cw skimmer spots to RBN. I want to keep my skimmer spots on my local computer only.

Glad to see that DX Atlas support is being considered..
Thanks for all the interesting and useful info,
Stan K9IUQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K9IUQ wrote:I have noticed that every time I use the Options window and save I lose my cat connection and have to restart LOg4OM to get the cat back. Is this a feature or a bug? I use Omnirig with Icom 7600V2.
I also have the IC7600 V2.00 using Omnirig and I just opened and saved the options several times without losing CAT control!

Check that the Omnirig Polling rate is set to 100 and that your Windows User account control is set to low
73 Terry G4POP
K9IUQ
Novice Class

Post by K9IUQ »

I use Win 10 and checked the User Account control. It is set for "never notify" which is as low as it can go. I have Omni Rig set for 7600V2 and have also tried the 7600 config. Also I have tried the Cat control on the 7600 USB port and also have tried using the Cat port on my Navigator Interface. I get the same results. If I open the LOG4OM options windows, even with out saving, when I go back to the Cluster window, clicking on a spot no longer works. I have to close and then restart LOG4OM to get the Cat back in the cluster window.

Also I am not completely losing the CAT in LOG4OM as when I turn the freq knob on the 7600 the LOG4OM freq display follows just fine. However when I click on a spot in the cluster window, the freq does not change.

My Omnirig settings are baud=19600, 8N1, RTS and DTR=Low, poll int,ms=100 and Timeout, ms=1500

This is not a deal breaker for me as losing the cluster click ability only happens when I open and close the Option window.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I also use the US Navigator with my 7600 and I am using Win 10 but don't have the problem.

I am using Omnirig IC7600V2 19200 baud and default Omnirig settings with 100 ms polling interval

Freq and mode change ok on cluster double click and Log4om faithfully follows changes made on the rig, no mater how many times I open and save the options.

What firmware version is the radio using?
73 Terry G4POP
K9IUQ
Novice Class

Post by K9IUQ »

The firmware on the startup screen says 2.00 . I bought the radio new in July of this year and it already had V2 installed. I have not updated or modified the original firmware. I wonder if perhaps EU 7600's could be "different" from USA models?

Stan K9IUQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K9IUQ wrote:The firmware on the startup screen says 2.00 . I bought the radio new in July of this year and it already had V2 installed. I have not updated or modified the original firmware. I wonder if perhaps EU 7600's could be "different" from USA models?

Stan K9IUQ
Firmware version 2.0 is the latest I think your problem is on your local computer because there are some of our testers in the USA with the same radio that don't have an issue

Please generate a support request as detailed below and email it to me

http://www.log4om.com/log4om-support/
73 Terry G4POP
K9IUQ
Novice Class

Post by K9IUQ »

Ok, remember I am a newbie here. I read your link and it said: "The support team will ask you for the log level require.
Debug is usually enough, but sometime we need an higher level of trace." Translate into USA English please.. ;)

I assume you are part of the support team, what do you want me to enable in help/debug/log level?
How many times do you want me to reproduce the problem? - It is entirely reproducible every time I open the Option menu and close.
Every time whether I save or not. Where do I find your email address to send?

Stan K9IUQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K9IUQ wrote:Ok, remember I am a newbie here. I read your link and it said: "The support team will ask you for the log level require.
Debug is usually enough, but sometime we need an higher level of trace." Translate into USA English please.. ;)

I assume you are part of the support team, what do you want me to enable in help/debug/log level?
How many times do you want me to reproduce the problem? - It is entirely reproducible every time I open the Option menu and close.
Every time whether I save or not. Where do I find your email address to send?

Stan K9IUQ
We might ask you to do the report a second time with a different debug selection

Click on "Trace"

Repeat the task once

g4pop (at) arrl.net as listed on QRZ
73 Terry G4POP