VHF work?

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: VHF work?

Post by G4POP »

sm7sjr wrote:And a field called propagation mode? I assume that is not much work.
The good thing with this is that I can easily for instance sort out all QSOs being done on EME on say 70cm. (To be honest I have not checked, this feature might already be present).In for instance VQlog there is a dropdown list with the propagation modes needed.
Already there - SAT/PROP (F6) tab of the QSO input area!!!
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (119.62 KiB) Viewed 7959 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (39.74 KiB) Viewed 7959 times
73 Terry G4POP
4z5cp
Novice Class

Post by 4z5cp »

Hello.
Prop.mode, Sat mode, Sat name is not imported from ADIF file created by VQLog.
Log4OM ver. 1.26.0.0

Regards.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

We're importing all ADIF fields...
Can you send me a piece of your ADIF with those fields shown?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

By the way there is a page in statistics with some informations about Gridsquares
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
4z5cp
Novice Class

Post by 4z5cp »

Hello Daniele.
I have made other test.
Make new database , new configuration and import my VHF log - now all looks GOOD.
May be old log was imported with older version.

Was small problem with "Sat mode" while editing QSO , but after editing satmodelist.csv file "Sat mode" looks rigth.
sat_mode.PNG
sat_mode.PNG (65.56 KiB) Viewed 7836 times
Thank you and Happy New Year!
sm7sjr
Novice Class

Post by sm7sjr »

Hello! Sorry for me being so slow with getting somewhere. I realized I must have a descent logger, now! So I looked into log4OM again. Checked the statistics for grid locators. I ask for some development here, humby asking. I am more than willing to donate money if I get a logger which I can use. (I do both VUSHF and HF, but mainly VUSHF).

1. In the dxcluster window I can see if the stn is a needed DXCC and maybe for a certain mode, right? I would like one more possibility, only needed for 6m and up if so: If a stn is there with a grid square (the first 4 digits) which I have not worked: report that also as a needed stn!

2. Statistics for grid, being able to choose all bands, or a single band. And optionally also choose mode and/or propagation. See attached png with an extract from VQlog, I think it explains it all.
squares.jpg
squares.jpg (68.26 KiB) Viewed 7824 times
3. EME initials. On EME (Moonbounce) we also keep track of initials, meaning number of different stations being worked, only for EME not for other propagations.

My choises here is to remain with VQlog, which is not being developed. Go back to HRD. Or if these items will be in log4OM, go for it. I would prefer to go with log4OM. Please let me know if these things can be fixed, and I will donate.

73 de SM7SJR, Bjorn
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Bjorn,
Getting new features included in Log4OM DOES NOT RELY ON DONATIONS! we do it for the love of the hobby and the joy of our users.

You will see elsewhere on this forum that version 2.0 is in development and on the list of possible features is greater support for VHF/UHF logging and analysis.
73 Terry G4POP
sm7sjr
Novice Class

Post by sm7sjr »

Well I am sorry if I stepped on any toes. I am just saying that if I get software I like I am willing to donate or pay for it.
sm7sjr
Novice Class

Post by sm7sjr »

2.0 is due at?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

sm7sjr wrote:2.0 is due at?
Mid 2017 with any luck
73 Terry G4POP