Night Mode

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Night Mode

Post by WA2SQQ »

In the evenings I enjoy operating with most of the lights in my shack turned off, using primarily focused LED lighting. It would be very nice to have a "night mode" where the screen colors were not so bright, or better yet if the screen colors could be user defined. LOG4OM's current screen colors are very bright in such environments.

Thank you for your consideration.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Night Mode

Post by G4POP »

You could turn down the brightness of your computer display or if still to bright use this

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-or ... en-further
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

It's not about the brightness, WHITE is just to starkly bright. Have you ever gone inside of an air control center or law enforcement dispatch center? All black backgrounds - decreases eye strain. There was something to be said about the old black background with greenish-yellow text. Actually our vision is most sensitive at 555nm - yellowish light emitted by fire flies.

Please consider his for a future enhancement. I'm certain that night time contest operators would enjoy it.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Actually it's not possible to change colors.
I can do that by modifying all screens, but from this time, everyone will have a dark scheme (that could be good, in any case)

I'll make some tests... but it's a big change so i'm usually starting a poll before those changes :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KT5V
Advanced Class

Post by KT5V »

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I've good luck with a bit of software called f.lux.

https://justgetflux.com/

I've used it on both mac and windows and find it helpful to adjust screen color at night and dimly lighted rooms

73 de David KT5V
2E0NGT
Novice Class

Post by 2E0NGT »

I would lend my support for such a modification but I think fully customisable pallette is overkill. Just a day/night switch would be good.

The problem with screen dimming is that it seems to affect both double screens and I have something else running on screen 2 which is already set to night mode. Dimming it will prevent good sight of screen 2.

N
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

By the way, last post in this thread was from 2016 and meanwhile Log4OM V1 is only in maintenance Mode.
No further updates with new functions planned ...

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.