Freeze Cluster

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
KA4CDN
Old Man

Freeze Cluster

Post by KA4CDN »

It would be nice if I could "freeze" the cluster list update.

I try to sort by a column (ie Call or Freq) but as soon as a new update comes in, the prior sort returns and I lose my focus.

Either allow a way freeze or preserve the selected sort order.

Mike
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Freeze Cluster

Post by K7PT »

Open the cluster screen and disconnect from the cluster and it will freeze the last. Reconnect to get it going again.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

this is the "faster" way, to the date.
A freeze feature is in list
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

I agree with Mike - it would be nice if one could click the callsign sort and have the cluster freeze (just the current list - allow it to continue updating in the background) and then return to normal mode when the user is done finding the callsign in question. During busy contest weekends like the last one, it's almost impossible to find or even click on a spot because they're coming in so quickly. Just my 2c.

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

I've loaded the new version and note that the column sorting is still not retained on a refresh. It is really annoying and suggest that if the user's sort selection is not going to be remembered through a refresh than column sort selection be disallowed.

I added a filter to my cluster control to reject all spots. This was my attempt to 'freeze' the Cluster pane. This way I can start getting new spot in and not have the Cluster pane clear on a reconnected; I just reset my dxcluster filter.

But here is the problem. After I freeze the Cluster pane, I sort the grid, e.g., by Time. The problem again is, that on a refresh the grid's originally sort order is reset! For example, when I click on a spot. What's the point of sorting to start with if it reverts. I is just frustrating the user.

I have the new 1.30 version which is wonderful and I thank the development team for such a wonderful contribution. I really like the new path display on the QSO Info pane!!

Mike / KA4CDN
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Once again guys, Version 1.XX is in a bug fix and other critical to operation fixes mode while V2.XX is being developed.

There are a host of things, bells and whistles, formats and sugar coated items that users have asked for. We have a list a mile long for V.2.

I know this won't go well with the current frustrations but in the long run waiting will pay off with dividends.

I'm sure the next question is: When V.2?

When Daniele gets it done. He works on it in his "free" time between family and his job that puts pizza on the table. Hang in there!

Cheers
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"