Support for Linux in Version 2

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
K2RAS
Novice Class

Support for Linux in Version 2

Post by K2RAS »

Is there any possibility that version 2 will support Linux? Many folks are trying to get off Windows.

Thanks, Ron
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Support for Linux in Version 2

Post by G4POP »

This has been asked before and as far as I am aware there is not plan to support Linux in future versions
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

I don´t think that so many folks trying get off Windows. Windows is #1 of operating systems and many many software & hardware drivers are only availible for Windows OS.

Linux is not plug and play and the most hams are not computer experts. So i think it make no sense to write a L4O version for Linux.

B.t.w. it´s possible to run Log4OM in a virtual Windoes machine under Linux ... that may be a way for the few guys which like to get off Windows ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Theoretically is possible.
First version of Log4Om worked with Linux and MONO libraries (but those libraries was too much bugged...)

Anyway, .NET framework is now freeware (part of), and will be soon ported to Linux...
In that case it "could" be possible, at least theoretically. I did it one time... i can do that again (assuming i can find a suitable CAT software interface on Linux)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH