ver 1.26, net control still poor

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
G4AON
Old Man

ver 1.26, net control still poor

Post by G4AON »

I had hoped for a couple of minor improvements to appear in the latest version, however despite them appearing to be trivial changes, net use is still a little tedious:

1. Moving a station up or down the list, which is a handy means to remember the running order, resets the start time whenever the station is moved in the list.

2. OK fair enough, clicking the "X" to close the net window results in a warning the stations listed aren't saved in the log, but it would be useful if closing the window automatically entered the stations rather than having to slide each station over to the right when finishing the net.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ver 1.26, net control still poor

Post by G4POP »

G4AON wrote:I had hoped for a couple of minor improvements to appear in the latest version, however despite them appearing to be trivial changes, net use is still a little tedious:

1. Moving a station up or down the list, which is a handy means to remember the running order, resets the start time whenever the station is moved in the list.

2. OK fair enough, clicking the "X" to close the net window results in a warning the stations listed aren't saved in the log, but it would be useful if closing the window automatically entered the stations rather than having to slide each station over to the right when finishing the net.
As stated previously all changes that require major rewrites of the code will not be implemented until Log4OM NG Version 2.0

What seems "Trivial" to the user sometimes requires considerable re coding to achieve so I apologise for the delay but you will need to be patient until we can fulfil your requirements regarding the tediousness of our Net Control module.

That said I use the Net Control every weekday morning for our 60 meter net and find it works fine for me!
73 Terry G4POP