Date range for cluster highlight / new DXCC markers?

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
G1XOW
New user

Date range for cluster highlight / new DXCC markers?

Post by G1XOW »

Hi,

New Log4OM user doing evaluation after switching from HRD.

All okay, except I cannot find a way to limit the cluster filter/highlighters to look *only* within certain date boundaries.

I have 6 years of log data, about 15,000 QSO and want to keep them. However, I'm in the CDXC annual Marathon Challenge (a contest running from 1st Januar to 31st December every year. So, I need to be able to set/limit the cluster highlights/filter to only look within date bounds (i.e. the current year), otherwise it will not flag new DXCC for the current year. Any ideas?

73 de Steve G1XOW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Date range for cluster highlight / new DXCC markers?

Post by G4POP »

G1XOW wrote:I cannot find a way to limit the cluster filter/highlighters to look *only* within certain date boundaries.

I have 6 years of log data, about 15,000 QSO and want to keep them. However, I'm in the CDXC annual Marathon Challenge (a contest running from 1st Januar to 31st December every year. So, I need to be able to set/limit the cluster highlights/filter to only look within date bounds (i.e. the current year), otherwise it will not flag new DXCC for the current year. Any ideas?

73 de Steve G1XOW
Steve,
At this point in time there is no facility to do what you require in Log4OM but it like seems a good idea to implement.

Probably our best method would be to link the cluster spot date range selection to the existing contest facility which already contains a date range facility for 'Worked before' lookups, as shown below
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (37.68 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
You probably already know that Log4OM version 1 is now on maintenance and no new features will be added while we develop version 2 which has a complete new cluster system with the opportunity to aggregate the results from up to 6 different cluster servers so I will add this as a new feature to our Mantis list for Version 2

I will move this thread to the Feature suggestions section of this forum for future reference
73 Terry G4POP