Multi-Rig Control

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
K7PT
Old Man

Multi-Rig Control

Post by K7PT »

It would be nice to have, on the main Log4OM screen, a selection which would allow a user to toggle back and forth between several rigs. Maybe a check box for each rig the user has set-up in OmniRig.

This would allow fast rig switching during contests and other events.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Multi-Rig Control

Post by G4POP »

That probably fits with our Mantis future feature of SO2R quiet well!
73 Terry G4POP
VE7NS
Novice Class

Post by VE7NS »

I worked through the various settings using OmniRig control and I elected to use Com 1 for my FT-1000MP and Com 4 for my FT-1000D; I found that the green 'CAT' icon was displayed when I selected the FT-1000MP with the correct frequency being indicated in the main window of the program.
However I have been unable to change over to the FT-1000-D in a similar way, in fact when the change to Com 4 was effected, the frequency in the main window remained the same as was indicated with the FT-1000MP!!

I use other logging programs using the same configuration, as above, and found that I can readily switch between radios. I suspect that a future upgrade to the program might be considered to incorporate such a switch.

Many thanks

Ron, VE7NS
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Ron,
At this time we have not enabled "Rig 2" in Omnirig and as I mentioned above we do have this on our list of items to add in the near future.

73 Terry G4POP
VE7NS
Novice Class

Post by VE7NS »

Terry:

Thanks for your response. I shall await the inclusion of that feature in a future program upgrade.

73, Ron
VE7NS
m0aov
Novice Class

Post by m0aov »

Working well with 2 rigs at the same time now with version 1.11.5.0

Rob