Station worked same band AND SAME MODE

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
dk2lo
Old Man

Station worked same band AND SAME MODE

Post by dk2lo »

When I worked recently in the AN400* competition I missed the feature to see straightforward if I had worked this station already on the same band and the same mode.

It would be nice to get another button in the Cat & Cluster settings (Cluster highlight colors section) to mark "STATION WORKED S. B. and SAME MODE". This would help very much in such competitions to avoid dupes. It is much harder to look through all the QSO details of a worked station to get the needed information.
Attachments
LOG4OM-mode.JPG
LOG4OM-mode.JPG (65.66 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Station worked same band AND SAME MODE

Post by G4POP »

You can readily see in the cluster if the station was worked on the same mode, see my example below where I have worked GI0HWO on 40 meters phone but not CW - Phone is Green (Worked) CW is Red (Not worked)
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38.1 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Terry,

I think this problem is more sophisticated. Your example does not refer to the station worked but to the country confirmed on this band/mode.

Here is an example:
station CO8LY worked on 12m CW
station CO8LY worked on 12m CW
LOG4OM-mode2.JPG (66.01 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
CO8LY on 12 m CW with mode in red
CO8LY on 12 m CW with mode in red
LOG4OM-mode1.JPG (90.31 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
Cuba worked but not confirmed on 12m CW
Cuba worked but not confirmed on 12m CW
LOG4OM-mode3.JPG (102.53 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
I have worked CO8LY on 12 m CW but this contact and Cuba at all is still not confirmed on 12m. The last issue is the reason why the MODE shows up in red. If I would rely on this information I will make a dupe with CO8LY.

I need the information about the worked-status for the station and not the confirm-status for the country.
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Olaf,
What you are requiring is more related to contest working and needs to be an option in the contest tab but I do now more readily understand your thinking.

Perhaps in version 2 because version 1 is now on maintenance so no new features will be added to it.
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Terry,

thank you. It would be nice to see this feature in the new version 2.

This is not only an issue for competitions/contests. Also with DXpeditions or rare calls at all it would be an improvement to see at the first glance if this cluster spot is a new band and mode point for this call. This would avoid any embarrassing dupes.
73 Olaf DK2LO