New mode integration

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

New mode integration

Post by DJ6JZ »

I just made my first contact in the new SIM31 mode. When logged in Log4OM, this qso is marked as "PSK31" with a wrong frequency (PSK31 frequency).
Could this mode please be integrated?

More information about SIM31 can be found here:
http://www.sim.on2vhf.be/

Thank you!

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ

http://www.radio-portal.org/sdr.html
SDR-Special
http://www.sdr-portal.de/index.html
SDR-Portal, mobile version
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New mode integration

Post by G4POP »

Options/Select config tab

Check the 'Enable expert mode' box

Click 'Mode list' button

Add the mode(s) that you require

File/Save

Restart Log4om
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (131.81 KiB) Viewed 10379 times
73 Terry G4POP
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Post by DJ6JZ »

Thank you so much, Terry.
Worked fine. Now eqsl refuses the upload of my log: "Bad Mode SIM31".
I'll have to work me through, I guess...

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Unfortunately EQSL don't use the latest ADIF format so you need to find out what mode they will accept for those that you are using.

You will then need to edit your QSO modes to conform to the requirements of EQSL, but don't forget that those modes may not be acceptable to LOTW etc
73 Terry G4POP
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Post by DJ6JZ »

Ok, Terry, understood. In the eqsl forum I found an explanation from VK3KAB who reported how to deal with SIM logs. It may be of use for other users of this mode:

"The reason no loggers have the ability to log SIM31 QSO is because it has still not been added to the ADIF spec.
For mode, at the moment you need to use PSK31, and adding SIM31 to the comments is a good idea.
Once it does get added with the next version of the ADIF spec (3.0.5), it is going to be Mode=PSK, Submode=SIM31 but no idea when that will be, they have been working on 3.0.5 for more than a year now."

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DJ6JZ wrote:Once it does get added with the next version of the ADIF spec (3.0.5), it is going to be Mode=PSK, Submode=SIM31
I am not even sure SIM31 has been proposed as an additional mode in ADIF yet, so it might not be in 3.0.5!
73 Terry G4POP
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Post by DJ6JZ »

Those different ADIF versions are a problem. My logs are now compliant to eqsl. Now a qrz.com user refused to qsl because of wrong mode (PSK31)... :roll:

Ok, but I can offer a solution to another related problem within Log4OM:
SIM31 logs are shown as PSK31 in Log4OM for the reason you explained. But also the frequency (14067 kHz) is altered to 14073 kHz automatically. Trying to changing it back to the correct frequency in the "Recent QSO" window (right mouse click -Edit) will then change the SNR value to "599". So entering the correct frequency leads to a loss of accuracy in the RST windows.

Solution: Open the QSO Manager. Check "Enable update". Change the frequency manually. Then the frequency is stored correctly without an effect to the RST values.

HTH, vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ
f1ufx
Novice Class

Post by f1ufx »

Bonjour
Et pour changer le report 599 pour un report - ou+ ?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

As a user it is your choice if you want to add SIM31, or any other mode to the list, just use expert mode in the Options and edit the modes

If you also want to provide a 599 report for SIM31 edit the modelist.csv file by adding SIM31 to the list of Data modes, this file is in your Log4OM configuration folder - Help/ view configuration folder

Log4Om is as user configurable as you wish to make it but please be aware that SIM31 is not a supported mode in the latest ADIF specification and it is not so far proposed for the next ADIF release!
73 Terry G4POP
f1ufx
Novice Class

Post by f1ufx »

Merci
J'ai réussi à intégré le report + ou - au lieu du 599