NET Control Name Lookup

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
wa0kxo
New user

NET Control Name Lookup

Post by wa0kxo »

When in the NET Control utility, and adding a new member via the Callsign Management window, the callsign lookup does not work as it does in the main Log4OM window.

I've been searching the forums and don't see others having this issue, though I'm also not seeing that this should be working.

It would be great if while when working NET Control we could quickly add people to the NET as they check in, with name lookup. It might also be nice to have two options on the Callsign Management window, one for "Save and Close" and a second for something like "Save and add another". This might allow for us to quickly add people as they check in and work as control without pausing to get to the next add window.

Am I just missing an option somewhere to enable this or should this be working out of the box?

Running Windows 10 1511 with Log4OM 1.26.0.0.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: NET Control Name Lookup

Post by G4POP »

wa0kxo wrote:When in the NET Control utility, and adding a new member via the Callsign Management window, the callsign lookup does not work as it does in the main Log4OM window.

I've been searching the forums and don't see others having this issue, though I'm also not seeing that this should be working.

It would be great if while when working NET Control we could quickly add people to the NET as they check in, with name lookup. It might also be nice to have two options on the Callsign Management window, one for "Save and Close" and a second for something like "Save and add another". This might allow for us to quickly add people as they check in and work as control without pausing to get to the next add window.

Am I just missing an option somewhere to enable this or should this be working out of the box?

Running Windows 10 1511 with Log4OM 1.26.0.0.
There is no online lookup in the net control and there never has been.

I will move your post from 'Error reports' to Feature suggestions
73 Terry G4POP
wa0kxo
New user

Re: NET Control Name Lookup

Post by wa0kxo »

Hi Terry,

Thanks for moving this. I do see that the QSO Log is updated properly at the close of the NET, and re-reading the manual I see a quick mention of it working this way, however being able to copy down just the callsigns during the net and getting name lookup as you go would save a little typing.

David