Field TX-Power in first tab

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
oe3ide
Advanced Class

Field TX-Power in first tab

Post by oe3ide »

Hi,

I'm not sure about the meaning and the importance of the field "TX Power" on the first tab of an QSO-entry...
For me, it would be a better choice to show the field "Country" instead.. but maybe I am missing something.
On first use (I set up the tx-power to 200w in the general settings), I see "200.000" ... wow, 200kw.. thats nice :-) So, if the field is really important, maybe its possible to show only the integer value...

Of course, each ham-operator needs different fields, so if all "important" fields are on the first tab, I guess that all other tabs are empty ;-)

So its only a suggestion.

Thanks & 73 de Ernest
OE3IDE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Field TX-Power in first tab

Post by G4POP »

oe3ide wrote:Hi,

I'm not sure about the meaning and the importance of the field "TX Power" on the first tab of an QSO-entry...
For me, it would be a better choice to show the field "Country" instead.. but maybe I am missing something.
On first use (I set up the tx-power to 200w in the general settings), I see "200.000" ... wow, 200kw.. thats nice :-) So, if the field is really important, maybe its possible to show only the integer value...
Firstly the power field is in that tab so as to be immediately accessible, because some operators will alternate between different modes and radios with different power outputs e.g I might have a PSK QSO at 45 watts and next have a SSB QSO at 100 watts, I don't want to have to access the options to change it every time I change radio or modes!

Secondly the fractions of a watt were added at the request of our low power and JT65 users 200.000 is NOT 200KW it is 200 watts displayed to the third decimal point e.g you might operate QRP at 000.500 (Half of one watt)
73 Terry G4POP
oe3ide
Advanced Class

Re: Field TX-Power in first tab

Post by oe3ide »

Thanks Terry,

ok, for qrp & digimodes it makes sense...

Yes, I know 200.000 = 200 Watt, not 200KW ;-) .. but that was my first thought.. and I checked again my setting in the options.

btw: great piece of software... congrats!