Remembering window placement & size etc.

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
VK7XX
Old Man

Remembering window placement & size etc.

Post by VK7XX »

I would like to see the program remember window sizes, placement, and the fact that they were open............

Currently, I start up the program, and it opens in the default display of "QSO Information" ... I click on "Detach Grid" and this particular window does remember its previous size & location.. So far, so good. Next, I Click the "Recent QSO" button and then on the "Detach Grid" for this.... The detached grid opens, however, it does not remember its previous location or size.

If I then close the program down, with these "detached Grids" open, upon restart, the program does not remember that I had them open. Additionally, the program does not remember that I actually had "Recent QSO" selected and it defaults back to :QSO Information".

Would it be possible, for a future release, to have these things "remembered" ?????

John
VK7XX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Remembering window placement & size etc.

Post by IW3HMH »

Will be available on the next release :D

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

IW3HMH wrote:Will be available on the next release :D

WOW!! excellent. Thank you Daniele
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

To be honest, the position and size will be remembered for detached screens too.
I will not reopen windows that were open before, at least on this release. This is a simple but very wide change of the structure so i will keep it for a less busy time ;)

Daniele
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

I know this has been talked about for some time. Is this planned for V 1.19? To remember not only the position and size of detached/opened windows, but also that they were detached/opened upon closing and will reopen when restarting?

Specifically, I detach/open the following windows and would be thrilled if they were to reopen at their previous position and size when Log4OM was restarted:
* QSO Lookup window (From F7 tab)
* Worked Bands window (From F7 tab)
* Recent QSO window (From F8 tab)
* Cluster window with DX Spots tab visible. (From Utilities/Cluster menu)

Possibly this "reopen on start" behavior could be a user option in Setup?

Thanks!

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
F4BPO
Old Man

Post by F4BPO »

If I may add something, Log4OM also not remembering the width of the cluster on the right side of the main screen and does not remmember which mode was selected on closing.
If only CW was selected when I closed the program when I re-open it all the three modes will be highlted in green while it should be only CW.

Thanks
73 de XV9BPO Greg
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Greg, this has been fixed in the latest release, adding a SAVE BUTTON in the right part of the cluster, so parameters must be saved when everything fits your needs, and will be restored in the next start.
If you don't click the save button they will not be saved for next start.

Did you confirm the issue also with SAVE button pressed before?
F4BPO
Old Man

Post by F4BPO »

Hi Daniel,

I do confirm I have same issue even if saved button is pressed on the cluster window (F9) but I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.
I am taking about the cluster on the right of the window the one above which is the Distance / beam heading / Locator and the lookup / website.
Below this we have the three modes Digital / CW / Phone no matter what I do the program will never remember the width of this one and also if I uncheck Digital and CW next lauch of the program will come back with Digital, CW and Phone again selected.

Can you confirm if the save button in the F9 window should also saved the right cluster ?
73 de XV9BPO Greg
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

HS0ZLE wrote:Can you confirm if the save button in the F9 window should also saved the right cluster ?
No it does not save those selections
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

i will add a status save for that.