Yet another idea for v2

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Yet another idea for v2

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 17:30 Howard,

Please see Terry's response to this request. Personally, I'm with you on this one for the same reason, but appartently we are in the minority :cry: .

73 de Guy
The requests from this thread represent less than 0.003 percent of our user base and less than 0.3 percent of the 1500 forum members.
73 Terry G4POP
ve2dc
Novice Class

Post by ve2dc »

Perhaps a command line argument to do this when the program is being invoked and shut down by another application.
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Terry,

>>The requests from this thread represent less than 0.003 percent of our user base and less than 0.3 percent of the 1500 forum members<<

With all due respect, that should not a reason to dismiss enhancement requests at all!

An enlightened and supportive programmer would consider all requests, with only slightly more weighting being given to "popular" ones and not less weighting for the less popular ones. That is so the less popular requests do not get dismissed out of hand.

I speak from experience, not only with other programs but with Log4OM too! A while back I made a request for a QSL dropdown box to be moved to a more logical position and it was done. I do not think Danielle was flooded with requests for that one ;) :D :lol: .

I doubt that the extra work of putting an option in place to be minuscule when compared to all the work being done for v2. As v1 is taking 80% of Danielle's programming time, it would be nice to see such an option in v1. It is all about choice.

TBH, I have no idea what people must be doing to accidentally close Log4OM during a QSO. I have never done that in over 2 years' of using Log4OM.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I will let Lele decide about this! Being Lele who always likes to keep everyone happy he will probably immediately implement your request!
73 Terry G4POP