New Modes

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
w9mdb
Old Man

New Modes

Post by w9mdb »

New modes have been added recently for MSK144 and FT8 to WSJT-X and T10 to JTSDK.
All the modes are in the latest draft ADIF spec.

Can these be manually added to Log4OM or does this require a software update?

de Mike W9MDB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New Modes

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 15:58 New modes have been added recently for MSK144 and FT8 to WSJT-X and T10 to JTSDK.
All the modes are in the latest draft ADIF spec.

Can these be manually added to Log4OM or does this require a software update?

de Mike W9MDB
Download the latest version of Log4OM where I believe these modes are added and check out this forum thread..

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2608&p=14831&hilit= ... ode#p14831
73 Terry G4POP
W0OGH
Advanced Class

Post by W0OGH »

I downloaded the latest version, 1.28.0.0 just a few minutes ago and the FT8 mode does not appear in the MODE list. While WSJTX does make the FT8 appear when a qso is added, if i have to manually enter a QSo, the FT8 is not an option. Also LoTW does not accept FT8 so you have to go into TQSL and remap FT8 to some other mode, in my case i made it appear as JT65, at least till LoTW is upgraded.
How about a fix for Log4om?

Larry
W0OGH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Larry wrote: 15 Jul 2017, 04:19 I downloaded the latest version, 1.28.0.0 just a few minutes ago and the FT8 mode does not appear in the MODE list. While WSJTX does make the FT8 appear when a qso is added, if i have to manually enter a QSo, the FT8 is not an option. Also LoTW does not accept FT8 so you have to go into TQSL and remap FT8 to some other mode, in my case i made it appear as JT65, at least till LoTW is upgraded.
How about a fix for Log4om?

Larry
W0OGH
The information is already here on the forum as indicated in the link I posted before but here are the two files required.

Unzip them to your C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM folder

FT8 Updat.zip
(921 Bytes) Downloaded 797 times
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry,

not at home and i can´t upload a zip file from my Windows Tablet. There are a change
of the modename from JT10 to T10 in the latest JTDX versions. Igor has changed this so
JT means "Joe Taylor" in the original WSJT and WSJT-X but T10 is a mode which is not from
Joe. That´s the reason for the change to T10.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
w0oghLarry

Post by w0oghLarry »

Actually i goofed. I said i remapped TQSL to accept FT8 and convert it to JT65 so it wil get into LoTW. Wrong. IT goes to DATA instead and that takes it just fine.

I did download the two files and put them in the LOG4OM folder. There are two sub folders but neither say anything about "application data". I've restarted Log4om several times but nothing has changed as far as mode additions are converned. Evidently the new files are not in the correct place.

The directory is: C:\programfiles\W3HWH\log4om

Am i close to being right? I appreciate the help even if i don't sound like it. My apologies.

Larry
W0OGH
w0oghLarry

Post by w0oghLarry »

I typed the directory wrong, it should be \IW3HMH. When will it end? Sorry 'bout that.

A question. After i put those two files pertaining to FT8 in the Log4OM folder, do i by chance have to rerun the setup for log4om 1.28.0.0 that i just installed? I wouldn't think so but i'm no expert on these matters which is why i ask questions.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Just close and restart Log4OM and it should be OK.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Look at Terry's note above. He wrote out the directory path to copy the two files into.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
w0oghLarry

Post by w0oghLarry »

I found the correct directory to which the new update files were supposed to be in. Finally they are there and Log4OM does now indeed show FT8 as one of the modes, that i use. Thanks for the files and suggestions. still have a couple of issues with the program but i'll toy with them a bit longer to see if i can't overcome the obstacles.
Larry
W0OGH