Feature: Locator when using My SOTA, and external sources

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
OE5JFE
Novice Class

Feature: Locator when using My SOTA, and external sources

Post by OE5JFE »

Hello Log4OM Team,

First of all a big thanks to you your great work. I really like Log4OM. Especially the SOTA integration is very helpful.
I see the focus currently more on the chasers than on the activators.

Now my feature idea:
  • For me as an activator it would be great in the configuration of "Station info" that I can pick the SOTA reference "My SOTA" similar (menubased) like for chasing (SOTA association, region, summit).
  • Next to the "my locator" field could be a checkbox: [x] My SOTA as locator (this would replace / grey-out the current locator and use the locator of the My SOTA ref. instead)
With that the calculated distances would be correct. That is especially interesting for VHF/UHF contacts.

At the "Settings 1" register:
  • External sources should not be a selection (radiobox) but a priority list.
What I mean is that i.e. system should try to query from QRZ.com first. If not successful try hamqth.com.
The order can be changed.

Maybe this is already in planning for the new version 2 that seems to be in the pipeline :-) ? If not I think it could be a nice addition.

73s de Joe
OE5JFE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Feature: Locator when using My SOTA, and external sources

Post by G4POP »

Two good ideas Joe, I will speak to the team
73 Terry G4POP
VE2DDZ
Novice Class

Re: Feature: Locator when using My SOTA, and external sources

Post by VE2DDZ »

I use Log4OM as a SOTA activator entering the log manually when back at the shack. I start by entering manually My SOTA Ref and grid square. It is very fast to make the change anyway, less than one minute. Malcolm VE2DDZ